My infill product over nail bar nails.Puzzled, so advice needed quickly please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this problem.
I have had a women phone up after recommendation from another client.
Her nails that she had done at the local nail bar need filling in, but she doesn`t know what product she has had on. I know others have said it is acrylic but she said they went under a lamp.
Now i am wondering if i should use my CND acrylic & liquid over these nails for infills & backfills, remembering that she doesn`t know what she has on, or should i infill & backfill them in with gel.
I have had this problem before and the nails rotted, so i am very wary incase it is mma & the nails react or do you think as long as i file them down enough i should be ok.
Some advice needed quickly please.
Laura.x.

she could have had acrylic on then a gel top coat hun ??? xx

I don't think you'll know until you see the nails... if it is MMA then I would recommend rebalancing them as the natural nails will more than likely be mega thinned in order for the MMA to adhere to them and they will benefit from being able to grow out any damage that's under the enhancement.

She could have had L+P on but with a Gel top coat over the top...!?

I've frequently had this and filled successfully. Just as long as you're happy with the condition of the nails before you start and they're on nice and sound, you should be fine.

It doesn't matter if it is L&P or gel on the clients nails you can file them down as you usually would, may need more filing if they are nss
and then do the fill in L&P or gel, if you use both it is up to you which one you choose
if they take forever and a day to file then she probably has mma on her nails, just do the infills until the mma has grown out, other wise if you take it off you will find that her nails will be a right mess underneath
OMG i need to type faster lol

I am not experianced enough to really advise you - but during my foundation course I tried to re-balance my neighbours nails, which now I suspect were MMA as my hotshot file did not have any not effect on them, I did post a thread about it at the time.

I also tried to soak them off but again nothing happened - I have had several people in since who want a rebalance - but I am afraid after my first experiance I will not re-balance another tech's work unless I know exactly what product has been used or I know the tech.

Like you I worry about the state of nails - I therefore suggest they go and get them removed and then come back to me, this way they see the state of their nails and do not think I have caused the damage trying to remove the product they have on. Whilst I thought I was unlikely to see these clients again I have not lost any buisness doing this.

I do not think this is the answer you were hoping for! sorry.. Good luck with sorting out her nails ....

Last edited:
Thanks peeps. Do you know, i never thought they put a gel topcoat ontop, people are always saying ` its a powder stuff` which can only be acrylic i assume. So i have told her i will have a look first then we will go from there.
To the last helpful person, all help is welcome. So, thanks again.
Wish me luck peeps.xxxxx.

Whatever decision you make just make sure you make a record of the state of the ladies nails on your consultation card before you even start and also record that she has come from another technician. I had a client come to me from an NSS a few months ago. My files were barely doing anything and I think I completed ruined a couple of brand new files. Anyway I managed to do the fills and she has been coming to me ever since. The set she had just grew out because there was no way that I could have sat there for the number of hours it seemed like it would take me to fully remove them. She loves her nails now (CND, L&P) and has recommended many of her friends to me who were also going to the NSS.

Thanks for that. I think i will advise her to let them grow out. I will infill them but i don`t thnk i will do backfills as the nails will not grow out then if i put too much product on them. I have had mma nail clients before and they are awful to file down & it kinda annoys me when i get clients coming to me for infills as i know the colour will have gone yellow & it is god damn hard work to file them neatly & smoothly at the join. But if they are coming to me, it is for a reason. So as not to upset them, i do it....... Then panic.:cry: arghhhh.
So, i think i will stick to L&P.
Thanks again peeps,
Laura.x.:)

Latest posts

Back