My L&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
hi all,

i did my acrylic conversion with EZflow on Monday.
My sets have been hit and miss im really upset. I have even been thinking that this might mean its not ment for me.
ive got quite alot booked in too. i dont know what to do:cry:

Awww hun chin up!

I dont do it myself, but i am sure its a matter of practise!!

Smile babes x

If it is just the new product that you are having problems with stick to Creative for the clients and practise the ezflow on some willing friends hth

hi all,

My sets have been hit and miss im really upset. I have even been thinking that this might mean its not ment for me.

You have converted from OPI, to Creative and now EZF. A product change is not going to make you a great technician. A company dedicated to your improvement may.

Should have stuck with the best and done more skill building with them; that is what they are there for. to help you to IMPROVE. A product change will sadly not do that.

I have never used OPI only their polish
Creative i use Solar mani, Rawearth Spa Mani & Pedi never enhancements

I have only ever used salon system for acrylic and the edge for gel this was at college.

I wanted something a bit better for my salon

i found that when switching to a new product that it can mean you take a few steps backward before you start going forward.

it takes a while to get used to a new brand.

ezflow is a top quality product and lots of people are making great nails with it and this means that you can too. its normal to have a couple of teething problems, but you've done the right thing by taking the conversion course and with practice you will continue to build on that knowledge.

theres lots of threads and users on here for ezflow, i'm sure that you can resolve your initial problems:hug:

I have never used OPI only their polish
Creative i use Solar mani, Rawearth Spa Mani & Pedi never enhancements

I have only ever used salon system for acrylic and the edge for gel this was at college.

I wanted something a bit better for my salon

You have only just done your EZ Flow conversion.... you need to give yourself some time to get used to a new product.
Call your educator and discuss the issues you are having - they wont mind :green:

If you were ok using Salon Systems, then I would continue to use it in salon whilst you get to grips with your new products.

You may find that you have to get used to working at a different mix ratio to what you are used to.. this can be a challenge and could take some time. I have no idea what mix ratio SS L&P works with, but I know that EZF HD is 1:1 (dry) and EZF Qmon/Apoly is 2:2 (wet).

I origionally trained with CND (2:1) and when I did a conversion course to EZF High Definition, it took a little while to get used to it, and I stuck with what I knew (CND) until I was confident enough to use it on clients.... but it was worth it in the end.
I found that I actually used both systems, as some clients seemed to suit CND better and others suited EZF HD.

Doing a conversion doen't mean you have to turn your back on your other products/brand.... you're just adding to what you know and what you can offer.

Sorry Gelly, but are you sure those ratios are correct?
I was under the impression the EZFlow Q monomer & A Polymer powder was 2:1 and CND was 1.5:1

Yes you are right Sheryl.......I am sure Gelly has just mistyped her ratios.
I agree with eveything else Gelly says though!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are right Sheryl.......I am sure Gelly has just mistyped her ratios.
I agree with eveything else Gelly says though!!!

Woops! :lol:
Hey I'm only human :green:

I was having problems with l&p salon systems did my ezflow conversion. I still have a lot to improve on but it was the best move i ever made i am sure you will love it when you get going its such a great product you will soon get more confident as the results are much better. Good luck just go for it you will see the difference. x

Give your self some time sweet.. we are all here learning from each other. I would too stick to what you know on your clients and practise on your nails or your friends for a while until you get it right..
I have some Ezflow colours coming in the next few days and I am also stressing about how i will go.. I use ONLY CND.. Love it and would not change.. just loved the colours.. so i will give them a go just for nail art and colour tips..
I wish you luck...
let us all know how you are going.
X Mel

me too thats why i chose EZflow for the massive range of colour and glitters.

i have ordered the dare to be dazzling and carnival glitter. im excited. going to keep practising

Thats the spirit.. How loverly are they?.. I am sooooooo hanging to get my hands on mine... I have my step sister waiting in the wings for a full set of the lepoard print tips I saw in the gallery... they are beautiful. I hope I can manage them..

Let me know how you get on with them..
X Mel

If you have clients booked, try and turn your negative state of mind into a really positve one and practise loads before their appointments.
Dont beat yourself up about what you already have done. Think about what you can do. Dont give up...:hug:

hi all,

I did mine with Creative a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed with my application in class. Ended up a decent set as I rescued them with filing. However, it was a really hot day and I was sat by the window too as my Educator pointed out. Just wondered if the hot weather has affected your application ?

Latest posts

Back