My leg hairs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Hello all!

Ive waxed my legs for years and have always had this problem ... thought id ask you guys your opinions. Im dark haired, wax every 4 to 6 weeks. But everytime i wax, i end up with little black dots which look like the hair roots all over my legs. Almost as though ive just ripped the hairs rather than remove them at the roots. My legs are soft after waxing and i cannot feel anything like broken hairs. So ive always been a little miffed by this. Ive noticed this once or twice on clients also. Im a little worried i may not be removing the wax properly. Although i know my waxing is up to scratch (im just worrying) Would i be better using hot wax? Im also considering using it in the salon for the day i get a client in with difficult stubbies like my own!

any advice would be fab :green: xx

Hiya mate:hug:

That is really weird!
just a thought, do you use alot of tanning products on your legs at all?
Only i know that when I was doing my nvq 2 waxing we were told never to tan our legs 24 hrs before or after a wax as this could lead to tanning products being left in the follicles.
Dont know if this sheds any light on it mate, but I cant think what else it can be, XX

I get the occasional little black dot after waxing. On closer inspection I found it was a little bit of the root sheath that has not quite come out of the follicle. Could this be it.
Exfoliate gently about 24 hours later and they all go.

Latest posts

Back