My little boy has chicken pox!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sas21

Reaction score
Hi all,

My partner just went to check on our little boy and called me to come quick and look at him - he has red spots all over his body.:eek:

I am assuming it's chicken pox as I cant see what else it could be.

He has them from head to toe, but not loads of them, they are kind of scattered about.

I will ring the docs in the morning and see if they want me to go in with him but I was wondering, in the mean time, if any of you have any ideas of how to deal with it/ease the itching when it gets bad?

I know about the calamine but other then that I dont really know a lot about it! I don't even know if I have had it or not :confused:

It's pee'd me off as he is really looking forward to his party at school on his last day (tuesday) and he wont be able to go now :cry:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

xx

maybe you could just give the NHS helpline a ring and see if they suggest anything i don't have a clue as tiegan hasn't had them yet. :hug:

thanks for that, may give them a ring now.
x

i would hun i've had to phone them a couple of times and they have always been really helpful...hope you get on ok :hug:

Oh bless him, i agree with Kirsty though.
My two have had it and tbh i didn't find that the camomile lotion helped, it just drew attention to it. Keep him cool.
Hope it's a mild dose hun :hug:

ღMandyღ;675671 said:
Oh bless him, i agree with Kirsty though.
My two have had it and tbh i didn't find that the camomile lotion helped, it just drew attention to it. Keep him cool.
Hope it's a mild dose hun :hug:

I hope its a mild one too, I was looking at pictures on the net and some of them are awful!
:hug:
Thanks
x

and thanks again Kirsty :hug:

i had chicken pox when i was 3 so dont really remember it, except that i had one in a very embarrassing place and the doc had to be called out in the night to sort me out coz i was so uncomfortable ! or so i'm told!!

the younger kids have the better i think - try aloe vera gel, it's cool and soothing, me and my mum always use it if we've been bitten etc xx

i had chicken pox when i was 3 so dont really remember it, except that i had one in a very embarrassing place and the doc had to be called out in the night to sort me out coz i was so uncomfortable ! or so i'm told!!

the younger kids have the better i think - try aloe vera gel, it's cool and soothing, me and my mum always use it if we've been bitten etc xx

Ooh, I don't envy you hun!

Good job you weren't old enough to understand or remember! lol

I am out of stock of everything at the mo so will have to do a chemist run tomorrow and get some bits for him. I have hundreds of lemsips and cold remedies and paracetamol etc but nothing for this! lol

Thanks for the advice :)

x

if i remember rightly - i kept my kids cool - i know its not a good time of year, but what i mean is, dont OVER HEAT him - that makes the itching worse - i know when my daughter had them - it was febuary - and i just kept her cooler than i would normally at that time of year, and bless her - she even had the spots on her bits. if he wants to scratch so bad flower, put some mits on him otherwise he WILL scar himself

If as an adult you havent had chicken pox, you can get shingles, its not very nice!

If he is scratching alot, try a cool bath and then rubbing him allover with a towel, my mum done this for me and it really soothed the itching without much chance of knocking the scabs off.

Calamine lotion is supposed to work too, but cant remember if that helped me.

I would ask the other parents if they want your son to mix with thier children while he has it, back in the day when I had it all my friends mums wanted their children to come round so they would get it and get it out of the way! x

all my girls have had it and so have i . seems the younger they got it the milder it was. i had it when i was 12:irked:

my health visitor told me to give them piriton liquid. its an anti-histamine and really relives the itching. none of my girls are scarred from scratching the spots, but i have a couple as all we had [back at the turn ofthe last century:lol:] was calamine lotion which doesnt seem to do a thing imho.
the other thing with the piriton liquid is it makes them sleepy, so they are more lokely to get a comfortable nights sleep too.

p.s adults can get shingles even if they have already had chicken pox, and its more common in older people.

When my kids had chicken pox my gp recommended something called Eurax to stop the itching. You can get it as a lotion or a cream. I used the lotion and it was very effective. I believe it contains a mild local anaestetic which helps to calm the irritation.

As some of the other geeks have said, be careful if you or any adults that mix with your kids haven't had chicken pox. For kids its a relatively mild illness, but horrendous for adults. I speak with experience as I had it shortly after my kids caught it and have never felt so ill and it was really painful.

Not widely known but you can be vaccinated against it, I would recommend it if you haven't had it as a child.

HTH.

When my kids had chicken pox my gp recommended something called Eurax to stop the itching. You can get it as a lotion or a cream. I used the lotion and it was very effective. I believe it contains a mild local anaestetic which helps to calm the irritation.

As some of the other geeks have said, be careful if you or any adults that mix with your kids haven't had chicken pox. For kids its a relatively mild illness, but horrendous for adults. I speak with experience as I had it shortly after my kids caught it and have never felt so ill and it was really painful.

Not widely known but you can be vaccinated against it, I would recommend it if you haven't had it as a child.

HTH.

i've used eurax for heat rash on my legs a few years ago - it's very effective!

Thanks to everyone for all your replies!

I have been advised about the Piriton and will be getting some of that tonight.

Touch wood, so far it seems pretty mild, he has more on his back than anywhere else (which he cant get to to scratch! lol).

They're just randomly dotted around and he doesn't seem bothered about them really!:lol:

I hope it stays like this and doesn't get any worse though!:rolleyes:

I know it may sound bad, but I had all my week planned, while he was going to be at school today and tomorrow I was going to do all my last bits of xmas shopping etc - and now I'm going to be confined to the house with him all week! lol:smack:

My dad had chicken pox a year or two ago and it was awful - really severe. :eek:

I am taking the advice about keeping him cool and not hot and he seems to be fine so far.

So thank you all for your advice and help :)

:hug::hug::hug:
xx

HTH.

Never heard of Eurax, but if it gets worse and the piriton wont help, I will try and get hold of some of that!
Thanks
xx

Hope your little soldier is fit and well again soon Sarah ... it's horrible to be ill at any time, let alone when Christmas is just a few days away.

Hope your little soldier is fit and well again soon Sarah ... it's horrible to be ill at any time, let alone when Christmas is just a few days away.

Thanks, I couldn't believe it when we found them, talk about great timing! lol
He seems fine at the mo though and he hasn't relly got any more, which I would of thought he would have had by now if he was going to get them.

:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back