My little Shellac project!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murnettie

Reaction score
So I offered a free shellac nail biting course on my Facebook page and drew a name out of a hat (well bag actually) !! The winner has won four weekly shellac treatments with a solaroil pinkie and kanga file. She came for her first appt tonight and heres the before and after- I was a bit nervous painting her nails as I'm not really used to doing biters but using fingernailfixers method of painting sideways (used negligee) I managed ok and she was really happy with the result and has promised to use her solaroil religiously, she really wants to give up biting! I'm dying to see them progressing, fingers crossed she leaves them alone I have her booked in for this time next week to remove and redo.. I'm actually quite excited!! The first two times I'm going to see her weekly and on the third week I'm going to see if she can stretch it to at least ten days before the last shellac then do a nice bold colour. I'm hoping if it goes well to be able to sell nailbiting courses as a package.

Have any you done this with shellac also? What has the results been like? Good idea?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359587140.882207.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359587140.882207.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 3,030
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359587187.198069.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359587187.198069.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 3,076
I think it's a great idea Hun. Can't wait to see the progress.

Absolutely LOVE this idea! Was it difficult to paint the nails without getting too much on the finger? Lol

Absolutely LOVE this idea! Was it difficult to paint the nails without getting too much on the finger? Lol

Believe it or not (and I can barely believe this) but I actually got none on her fingers at all, not a drop and I think it's because i used hilly's sideways method! And I wouldn't mind because I've often got the odd little drop on people with perfect nails (oops) and the worst ones I've had and nothing ha

Believe it or not (and I can barely believe this) but I actually got none on her fingers at all, not a drop and I think it's because i used hilly's sideways method! And I wouldn't mind because I've often got the odd little drop on people with perfect nails (oops) and the worst ones I've had and nothing ha
haha! Well done! Looking forward to seeing the progress! Going to have a look at Hollys video now...

Excellent idea. They look great. Can't wait to see the progress xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I did one of these and it was really rewarding!
I hope she sticks with it :)
Good luck x

Never be frightened of putting a nice bright colour even on the shortest nails. I have found that the bright colour acts as a 'red flag' to remind biters not to touch!! Lol. It works.

This is a really good idea! Im really interested to see how it works out for you, nail biters will give anything a try i reckon so you could be on to a winner :)

sorry i popped over from hair for a nosey lol, can i just say that this is a fantastic idea! my best friend is a biter, i can't wait to see how this progresses and show her the end result. well done!xxx

I did one of these and it was really rewarding!
I hope she sticks with it :)
Good luck x

Great and did she stick with it or go back to biting? How many treatments before you seen a big difference? From what I've gathered biters nails tend to grow quickly, I'm hoping this is true!

Never be frightened of putting a nice bright colour even on the shortest nails. I have found that the bright colour acts as a 'red flag' to remind biters not to touch!! Lol. It works.

Thanks Geeg, ha I kind of feel mean now as she was looking longingly at all my shellac colours but it was my own fear that stopped me using colour as I had thought i might have gotten it everywhere. I might be a bit braver next week. Though I had told her I'd do them light until the last one to give her something to strive towards as a reward which went down well but if I'm truthful it was my own fear of painting the nails as they were so tiny (eek)

Hi murnettie. I done before and after pics on a thread I started just over a year ago. Sorry I can't figure out how to get the link to it but if you went on my profile and looked at posts I done you will find it and the pics. It worked great on nail biters and one client has never bitten her nails again even when shellac is off but the other one always has a nibble when she not got shellac on. Defiantly got to have willpower too but shellac is amazing at helping them grow also. They needed a lot of pep and cuticle away to begin with too. HTH ;)

Hi murnettie. I done before and after pics on a thread I started just over a year ago. Sorry I can't figure out how to get the link to it but if you went on my profile and looked at posts I done you will find it and the pics. It worked great on nail biters and one client has never bitten her nails again even when shellac is off but the other one always has a nibble when she not got shellac on. Defiantly got to have willpower too but shellac is amazing at helping them grow also. They needed a lot of pep and cuticle away to begin with too. HTH ;)

Thank you clawz I've just had a read through it and the pictures are great, really hoping I get the same results, great tip from Geeg on there too about using a form to help seal the free edge I might give that a go! She seems to have all intentions so fingers crossed! Very helpful thread thank you x

I do a nail biters programme. They have to come in every week for 6 weeks and I charge them half price (so in the end they pay the same as everyone else who is fortnightly). I had though originally that every week I would remove and re-apply. However, some weeks I just look and encourage!

I recommend that they have a dark colour for exactly the reason Gigi mentioned. It makes them more aware of the nails. I have had quite a bit of success and most don't go back to nail biting.

I agree with Clawz that the first couple of visits can be difficult with really high untidy cuticles to deal with. I use Gelish not Shellac though, but for this programme I don't think it would make a difference.

Good luck Murnettie, can't wait to see the results.

Here are a couple of my successes. This a before, after two weeks and after four weeks. She picks the products some times, but never bites!

Attachments

• CIMG5863 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5863 (1024x768).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,227
  • CIMG5928 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5928 (1024x768).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,157
  • CIMG5930 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5930 (1024x768).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,144
  • CIMG5934 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5934 (1024x768).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,163
Last edited:
This one is before and after eight weeks. Please excuse the "just after product removal" state of the nails. The forefinger was the worst which is the one I've zoomed in on.

Attachments

• CIMG5418 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5418 (1024x768).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,589
  • CIMG5888 (1024x768).jpg
    CIMG5888 (1024x768).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,583
Fab idea with the weekly program, I have a nail bitter too at the moment but she did go 3 weeks and actually did quite well, a few had some small chips but she's starting to get a bit of length now. I may have to think about offering a set program too in the future.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,590
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Wk.3.jpg
    Wk.3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,529
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,514
I did this for my husband with great results - although he does get a bit of stick at work for having 'shiny' nails!!

I did this for my husband with great results - although he does get a bit of stick at work for having 'shiny' nails!!

hehe, you could always buff the top coat to give it a matt finish :)

Yes it worked really well!! After 6 weeks we were able to do a French!!
I saw her weekly for 4 weeks then fortnightly.
Very important to keep them short once they start to grow to begin with though as it gives them change to get use to having nails without being too aware. I'd add a pic but I wouldn't know how lol x

Latest posts

Back