My little Shellac project!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course. :biggrin:

This is about education and caring for the nails with products at home too. It doesn't have to stop at one system.

Of course. :biggrin:

This is about education and caring for the nails with products at home too. It doesn't have to stop at one system.

Would it work with normal polish? I'm thinking of doing a 6 week course, 1st week a luxury manicure then every week after that a basic mani and on the last week a luxury manicure x

My Nail Biter came in for her 5th Appointment, I am so pleased that this is working for her, she is brave enough to have a dark colour now!! Her next appointment in 2 weeks is her last one but she has decided to keep on having her nails done as she is really pleased with them!
The 1st 2 pics are from her 1st appointment with me.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_1953 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_1953 (Copy).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 776
Omg the improvement is amazing well done her and well done you!!! It's very satisfying isn't it!!!

I Had been dying to see how the really bad nail was doing it's looking great!!

Would it work with normal polish? I'm thinking of doing a 6 week course, 1st week a luxury manicure then every week after that a basic mani and on the last week a luxury manicure x

I think any kind of manicure is going to improve the look because of cuticle work etc bit because normal polish chips it's unlikely a biter will leave them alone the shellac just gives that extra protection with the added benefit that they must come back to you for removal which makes the client more conscious of looking after them because they have to face you and don't want to disappoint you! Plus it FEELS different and I think that helps hth

I got the wrong hand on top, I will make sure when she comes back that she has her left hand on top so you can see the worst finger, its still not quite long enough for me to file anything and is still very wonky!!
I am delighted and can't wait to see her for her last appointment, Thank you for the inspiration to attempt this xx

She is a very happy and very loyal client now ;)

I am still debating offering a "Biters Package" not sold on doing my regulars out of a deal though.

I was going to offer a nourished nails mani for anyone in need of a little TLC and use it as a good opportunity to retail too.

I was going to do:

File and shape, cuticle away, Buff finish, warm oil soak, nourishing mask and heated mitts with application of Cuticle eraser and Solar oil to finish! Mositure Wammy with shiny nails too!

Wow, there are some amazing results in this thread!

Think I need to put myself on a nail biters programme. I just can't stop biting my nails. I put Gelish on to stop and it's peeled off that night - argh!!

My 9 yr old daughter is a nail biter so decided to try to help!!
She Is sporting shellac in Hollywood with a micky mouse head in her ring finger & will shellac her in a pale colour for school next week. I have said she has to pay if she picks or bites!!! Every morning this week I've been woken up with her nails shoved in my face with a proud smile off her for not biting!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

This is one of my clients who was once a nail biter!!

I want to start a Nail biters treatment service. I charge £25 for my Shellac.

Any ideas how to offer this?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366068269.930177.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366068269.930177.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 636
My mums progress! She is ever so embarrassed about her arthritic hands, hence the pinkies being cut out the photo ;)

Started with Brisa Smoothing & Shellac for the first 2, had far too long a gap before the 3rd but she still hadn't bitten! So the final pic is just Shellac.

She is so pleased, & so am I :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366087357.594088.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366087357.594088.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 649
My mums progress! She is ever so embarrassed about her arthritic hands, hence the pinkies being cut out the photo ;)

Started with Brisa Smoothing & Shellac for the first 2, had far too long a gap before the 3rd but she still hadn't bitten! So the final pic is just Shellac.

She is so pleased, & so am I :)

Wow. Amazing :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is one of my clients who was once a nail biter!!

I want to start a Nail biters treatment service. I charge £25 for my Shellac.

Any ideas how to offer this?

Hmm... I'd do book 5 treatments and pay for 4 if they pay upfront? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

11 days for my daughter with no biting!!! She has the tiniest bit of free edge & is so proud of herself!! She's gone for purple purple this time x

11 days for my daughter with no biting!!! She has the tiniest bit of free edge & is so proud of herself!! She's gone for purple purple this time x

Aww that's great she must be so proud of herself xxx

I love this! I do something similar with my girls transitioning from MMA acrylics to Shellac. I call it "going natural" lol ladies LOVE seeing their own progress and that they can have naturally beautiful nails!! Great thread!!

I was inspired by this thread and asked for a makeover model on my facebook page. Here's the results. This lady had bitten her nails for 40+ years. I used brisa lite smoothing and shellac for a few weeks and voila! She is now an ex-biter and proud of her nails.

Also being relatively new to nails, I gained some valuable experience and practice working with less than perfect nails and would be more than confident to work on even shorter nails! In fact I posted the results on facebook and already had a lady booked in to prescribe a rehab programme for her.

48 day natural nail makeover:

264401_415260765239259_1106972305_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back