My little Shellac project!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailbiter comp - week 3- is that a free edge I nearly see!!!!!!
So Shauna my nailbiter, came for her third appt and heres the before and after- wow shes doing great, using her solaroil religiously and you can see there is lot more length in only a week. She decided to go with red baroness for colour! Only one more session to go!
She should be over the moon. Good job. :hug:

So I offered a free shellac nail biting course on my Facebook page and drew a name out of a hat (well bag actually) !! The winner has won four weekly shellac treatments with a solaroil pinkie and kanga file. She came for her first appt tonight and heres the before and after- I was a bit nervous painting her nails as I'm not really used to doing biters but using fingernailfixers method of painting sideways (used negligee) I managed ok and she was really happy with the result and has promised to use her solaroil religiously, she really wants to give up biting! I'm dying to see them progressing, fingers crossed she leaves them alone I have her booked in for this time next week to remove and redo.. I'm actually quite excited!! The first two times I'm going to see her weekly and on the third week I'm going to see if she can stretch it to at least ten days before the last shellac then do a nice bold colour. I'm hoping if it goes well to be able to sell nailbiting courses as a package.

I would like to do this with OPI GelColor, as I just offer a natural nails programme at the moment involving weekly manicures. How would you word this free offer to appeal to people? x

Thank you, I have really enjoyed this thread x :)

Nailbiter comp - week 3- is that a free edge I nearly see!!!!!!
So Shauna my nailbiter, came for her third appt and heres the before and after- wow shes doing great, using her solaroil religiously and you can see there is lot more length in only a week. She decided to go with red baroness for colour! Only one more session to go!

Wow, you've done a great job! I bet she is really happy with those :)

Great thread. Very inspiring. Thank you. X

Well my 1st nail biter ever came in yesterday, her nails are in a pretty awful state to be honest so I am really hoping that I can help her, she obviously has a severe habit as she even bites her toe nails! If it works on her fingers I am going to suggest we do her toes next!!
Here are the pics i took today, she didn't want a bright colour as she is embarrassed of them and doesn't want to draw attention to them, i can't say I blame her to be honest:sad:

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 906
She should be over the moon. Good job. :hug:

Thank you she really is over the moon. Her words "Im trying to get out of the habit of sitting on my hands because i dont need to now". I really thought that was very nice to hear and nice to think shes been given a confidence boost. Very self-satisfying!!! :)

All of these pics are so inspiring!!! I cannot wait to be able to afford my shellac training!!!! :) thanks fellow geeks! Xx

I would like to do this with OPI GelColor said:
This is what i put on my facebook page word for word. I offered it as a competition but it really has been worth it to me as people have followed the progress on my page and i have now gotten to people contact me with regard to buying a nailbiters course.

"Are you a nailbiter? Do you chomp chew and pick your nails away? More importantly, would you like to break the habit? If so I'm offering one lucky biter the chance grow their nails and have beautiful strong healthy natural nails with four weekly appts and all you have to do is let me share the weekly update pics? Just respond to this post with your name followed by a number eg Name 1, next persons name 2 and so on and I'll pick a number out of a hat (well it might be a bag lol)"

I then did a little video of myself at my nail table pulling out the names out of a bag which got plenty of interest. HTH

Well my 1st nail biter ever came in yesterday, her nails are in a pretty awful state to be honest so I am really hoping that I can help her, she obviously has a severe habit as she even bites her toe nails! If it works on her fingers I am going to suggest we do her toes next!!
Here are the pics i took today, she didn't want a bright colour as she is embarrassed of them and doesn't want to draw attention to them, i can't say I blame her to be honest:sad:

:Scared:Yikes these nails are really severe arent they! Do you do L&P by any chance? it might be more suitable just for a week or so.

But in saying that, if she leaves them alone, it will work. Make sure she uses her solaroil!! Mine found that by applying it about four times a day it was really making her concious not to bite or pick. and its amazing how quick they actually grow. I cant wait to see the end picture on this girl!!

I don't do L & P, the funny thing is she is CND trained in L & P herself but doesn't do nails anymore!! I could cry when i look at the pics as it looks like i have just splodged the Shellac on but that is where her nails are so what else could i do?!
I am hoping that as they are so bad the transformation will be amazing!
Did you post pics on facebook straight away Murnettie? not sure if i should wait till i have a couple so people can see the improvement? xx

I don't do L & P, the funny thing is she is CND trained in L & P herself but doesn't do nails anymore!! I could cry when i look at the pics as it looks like i have just splodged the Shellac on but that is where her nails are so what else could i do?!
I am hoping that as they are so bad the transformation will be amazing!
Did you post pics on facebook straight away Murnettie? not sure if i should wait till i have a couple so people can see the improvement? xx

Hi, its not your fault that they are in such bad nick! shes lucky you could get on any shellac at all!! i posted my pictures up straight away but she was not as severe as yours. Id maybe hold off until the second appointment and assess what they are like then and if theres a little re-growth you could post the first ones with the second ones to show the difference and so on. It will be an amazing transformation when this girl has nails!! Just make sure that you see her weekly! and text her reminders about her solar oil every know and again.

Just had a message from my nail biter to say that she has managed 2 whole days with no biting!! Hope she keeps it up as I can't wait to see her nails if she does!! x

Just had a message from my nail biter to say that she has managed 2 whole days with no biting!! Hope she keeps it up as I can't wait to see her nails if she does!! x

Woo hoo. Can't wait to see the results xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My nail biter came back today and has not bitten all week!! I am so pleased that it seems to be working for her, we were both surprised at the progress in just one week although she still has a long way to go!

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 831
This is treatment number four, after my client had a little relapse when she didn't take on board aftercare advice in a certain situation (a marathon clean). She ended up picking off the rest of the damaged product.
So, we took the length down as much as she could bear and I added in Brisa Lite Smoothing gel again with another good dose of education of why's and wherefors. We both still think they look amazing.

picture.php

My nail biter came back today and has not bitten all week!! I am so pleased that it seems to be working for her, we were both surprised at the progress in just one week although she still has a long way to go!

So good to see that your help is stopping her biting, I think 6 weeks down the line this is going to be a great progress advert for you :)

Cant wait to see the results.

This is going to sound a little bizarre but I thought maybe it might help. I was a nail biter years ago (wouldnt think of doing it now!) but to help get off the habit I kept a packet of plastic staws and chewed on them instead when I was desperate.

OK told you it was bizarre.

I really love this idea, thanks all!

Definitely some improvement! This is going to be great before and after photo!!

Latest posts

Back