My man won't let me practice on him!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lapixstrel

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm doing my NVQ2 and have so far completed my training on waxing and facials (lashes this Sat) and need to start my practice sessions for my coursework. I was hoping to start on my boyfriend (legs and underarms) to perfect my technique but he says no, does anyone think this is a bit stingy? After all, it grows back!

Also, is anyone is willing to let me practice on them (need a before and after photo), please let me know! Am willing to travel, live near Northampton.

Many thanks!

Have to say this made me chuckle lol, you know men are wimps when it comes to dealing with pain :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know! Women have to go through childbirth and he can't cope with a bit of waxing! Is telling me to practice on myself but it's not the same [emoji53]

Id stop getting waxing done on myself and when he asks why id be saying when u let me wax you, ill get waxed too

My man was very sporting when I trained in tanning, he went to work VERY orange after my first go.

He would never let me wax him! It was the pain that he was afraid of.

Sorry guys, I'm with the boyfriend on this one.
I wouldn't get waxed either.

No way José! :)

Sorry guys, I'm with the boyfriend on this one.
I wouldn't get waxed either.

No way José! :)
I also agree with the boyfriend.

I have the opposite problem. I am a man. And my gf is constantly wanting treatments lol

You must have friends who will let you practice on them, I never even asked my bloke if I could practice waxing on him. I knew the answer would be no way. He was totally up for me practicing my massage techniques on him though lol.

I think he's scared the hair won't grow back and he'll be left bald all over lol! And I would kirstie1980 but he wouldn't care! I haven't lived in the area that long Baggybear so am not close to too many people but yes, could put it out there, will probably have to! You've made me feel better anyway guys, was a bit annoyed, thought it was well tight but I guess no-one wants pain if they don't have to.

Lol this reminds me of when i was training, i lived at home with my dad and my brother,
I used to practice waxing and threading on my poor dad and one day convinced him to let me wax his beard stubble. oh good lord.
i ripped off the hot wax and the hair was SO deep, and coarse, and actually left holes in his face. he NEVER let me wax him after that. i painted his nails once too, barbie pink, and forgot to take it off, and he was going around with his nails painted, he scrubbed them with bleach and all trying to get it off :D:D

my brother was once my model for epilation. he kept giving out to me that i was hurting him, and i kept telling him to be quiet or i would turn it up higher. it was a disaster

You can practice on me. I'm between Northampton and Leicester. Might be too far. Let me know x

I've no girls in my family, and brother was about 17 at the time and just into going out to pubs etc but had no job. I used to bribe him (paid him 20 euro) to wax his underarms (the only part he could hide as he played a lot of sport) and he still says to this day how it was the worst pain he's ever felt.

I first roasted him with the hot wax, i thought because it was hot wax it had to be really hot :)
then the wax went on so thin it wouldn't remove, i didn't know you could apply more over the top to help remove it so ended up picking it off bit by little tiny bit. He was biting down on a pair of socks the whole time and when i was done he had a look, and there was little tiny blood spots (which is normal) and i remember him looking at me with despair and saying " i'm bleeding and everything"

To be fair I don't blame your man for not wanting to be waxed hahahaha

Omg xDramaQueen1988 and noreenoconnor! Ha ha ha. He has agreed to me having a go on him tomorrow but only his chest area so we'll see how that goes! And thank you so much squigernetball, that'd be great! I don't mind travelling, just appreciate you helping me out. Can you private message on this website? Fairly new to it. Wondering how to arrange. Actually, I see you have details on your salon website so shall I use those? Thanks :)

My husband would NEVER let me do wax anything but his eyebrows and I don't blame him

Latest posts

Back