My nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleReds

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im new to this site! My name's Faye and I work self employed as a Nail Tech within a salon in Newbury, Berks.
Only been qualified for just over a year so still learning and my work def isnt perfect!!
I was wondering if some of you might like to have a look at my page where I post any cool/interesting nail art pics up that I do and give me some advice/constructive criticism?? www.facebook.com/littleredsnails

I really struggle with is Liquid + powder (because I dont use an electric file the finsihed result always looks uneven!!) Plus, Ive had a few clients complain that some of their nails came clean off!! Very disheartening :(

I also struggle with normal french. Though find Shellac french just fine!!

I find gels good to work with. Gel extensions + overlays are my favourites. I also love using shellac!!

It'd be great to hear your comments!!

I looked through a couple of your albums. You have a lot of creativity and imagination. I like that. And a lot of your nails look awesome! I think for a lot of your nail art I'd like to see you slow down a little and work on precision. In a few pics I see rhinestones/studs that aren't lined up perfectly, and some of your art looks slightly wonky. Taking the time to make each set look perfect might make your services take a bit longer, speed comes with practise.
When I first started doing acrylic I loved my e-file, but it would still take forever. Proper and smooth application really is the important part with acrylic. A lot of it is practise, but technique plays an important roll there too. And forcing yourself to only use a file, and timing yourself, will really show you how much time you could be saving with a proper application.
As for nails coming of... Make sure you are doing everything correct. Proper cuticle work and nail prep. Make sure the acrylic is pressed evenly onto the nail, and making sure no product touches/wells up in the cuticle. I think I saw one picture on your page where the product was dangerously close to the cuticle, and the fingers looked a little red... possibly from filing in the cuticle area. I think you could benefit from someone more experienced watching you work. Where did you go to nail school? Did you end up becoming friends with your instructor? Would they be willing to see how far you've come/point you in the right direction? I made friends with all the staff at my beauty school, and whenever I'm in town I pop in and say hi and see how all the students are doing. Brings back great memories

Latest posts

Back