my nail video

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that was a primer pen shelley
ahhh, thanks hun, - ive never seen one of those - are they like the nail polish remover pens?

I really enjoyed it hun, & the nails were beautiful - well done

can i ask what was that white pen thingy you used & why you used it? xxx

Glad you enjoyed it, I was quite nervous as this is the first video I have done. The pen is a primer pen and I use this on Leeanne as she is a hairdresser and doesnt always use gloves with tints and stuff.

Julie xx

I really enjoyed watching that, well done!!!
i think you done a fab job, look forward to the next one x

jules x

Glad you enjoyed it, I was quite nervous as this is the first video I have done. The pen is a primer pen and I use this on Leeanne as she is a hairdresser and doesnt always use gloves with tints and stuff.

Julie xx
thanks hun,

what have you made the video for? i cant wait till the next one lol

your own nails looked fab too xxx

can i ask hun ...what brush you use for dusting ,it looks familiar !

I love watching nail vids on the net but there arent many. My hubby is a videographer and told me to stop moaning and to make one myself. So I plicked up the courage and did.

Julie xx

Julie xx

Hey Julie

Nice set. Fantastic.

I'm currious, what does the primer pen help for hairdsressers and the tint? I have a couple of clients that are hairdressers and they don't always use gloves either!

And can I ask What the silver glitter powder was.... nailgraphix?

can i ask hun ...what brush you use for dusting ,it looks familiar !

It is a brush by the Edge only cost about a £1 but does the job really well.

Julie

Thank you all.

Mrs Geek - Which parts do you think that I overdid? Although I am confident in my abilities, I am always looking to improve.

Sorry about the size of the file. I wanted it to be easy to watch and not low quality.

Julie xx

Well, the easiest steps would be the following:
1. Use a really good cuticle remover... you removed the non living tissue as much as you could (in lightening speed:lol: ) but they looked dry to me and I think if you had added something that plumped up any extra NLT you could have got the squeakiest cleanest base nail ever.

2. Next, shape all your 10 nails and tidy them up at this point for a good tip fit. (you probably do this so I apologies if I am covering old ground). You will make dust at this point but no need to sanitize yet...Size and pre tailor tips at this point too... then your work is done.

3. Next, lightly (I mean lightly lightly) remove surface shine in the direction of the nail growth (just felt there was a little bit too much removal :lol: ) and then you are ready to Sanitize!

4. Sanitize and work it into the nail (this is what we do with Scrubfresh but you used a spray)... spray on and wipe off doesn't always work well (you get my meaning)... you want to really get in there and clean! You also want to make sure you use a pad with the least amount of fibers possible so you don't leave any hairs (again I saw what looked like kitchen roll... I could be wrong so once again forgive me... just what it looked like)...

5. Apply tips and blend

6. Sanitize again.... Apply product.

I honestly thought you really did an excellent job but I just felt for video, the PREP part could be more simple and sharper... hope this helps! :hug: :hug:

well worth watching - came on my puter as soon as i clicked the link.

LOVE the video WANT MORE OF THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspired me to get my l+p brush back out and thats saying something cause it hasnt seen daylight for 18 months!:eek: :green:

Fab job babes looked good to me !

amb x

I managed to watch it ok.. my 2mb broadband buffered it for a few seconds then it played beautifully.

I enjoyed the video very much. I liked how you put the hands together to size up the tips equally .. good idea that one :hug:

Your nails looked very nice finished too... :)
I agree Jen with regard the sizing of the tips - Fantastic video - fantastic nails well done :green:

hi julie

ive just checked out your blog site and that is absolutely great, you make such good videos too !

julesx

I really enjoyed the video, didnt have any probs downloading.
Thanks for sharing.:hug:

Hey Julie

Nice set. Fantastic.

I'm currious, what does the primer pen help for hairdsressers and the tint? I have a couple of clients that are hairdressers and they don't always use gloves either!

And can I ask What the silver glitter powder was.... nailgraphix?

I rarely use primer but I have been doing Leeanne's nails for 3 years and using primer on her has given the best results.

julie xx

WOW!!! Brilliant nails, brilliant video (no problem loading). Can we have some more???

The video is great! Fab job.

The video was fab. Had no problems downloading.

I like the sizing the tips idea too. I will give that one a go tomorrow!:green:

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more!!!!

Mrs Geek

The spray contains citrusoak and water to clean off the creative cuticle remover, which I did do with kitchen roll. Before I applied the tips I used scrubfresh with a lint free pad.

Thanks alot for your comments.

Julie xx

I really enjoyed that thanks for sharing:hug:

Lovely nails too

Latest posts

Back