my nails lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
I had my nails done in L&P, and there beautiful to look at, I am going for my rebalance tomorrow. And my problem/question is that nearly most of them have lifted and because of this the three middle fingers on my right hand look grubby where stuff has got in-between the nail bed and the enhancement.

It’s the first time I have had them done, so I want to know can she correct this lifting with the infill or am I going to have to get a new full set? Which I can’t afford as paid 50 for them last time.

Also should I of told her about the lifting straight away and not left it for nearly 3 weeks :rolleyes: ? I have also used nail glue under one of them coz it keep catching my hair.

Why have they lifted in the first place? I have been extra careful so don’t really understand

thanks In advance

Hiya ! in my opinion you should have your nails done every two weeks some people can go longer but its best to go more often ;-) if she has the experience she should be able to fix them all without the need for a full set x
hope it all goes well honey and if it happens again give her a call xxx

There are a number of reasons why nails lift - poor prep, incorrect mix ratio, product touching the skin.......

Your tech should be able to fix it at your rebalance appointment - she should also be able to take steps to prevent it from happening again. But like liza2009 said - you may need to go to your tech more often.

Hope you get on OK.

thanks too both of you for your advice:hug:

She did say that we will try 3 weeks first to see if they lasted, and if they didn’t then switch to every 2 weeks. Which I am happy to do because they are stunningly done and so worth every penny.

My best friend gets hers done at a NSS for 30 and you can so see the difference in quality, both our nails are long, but hers long chunky and cheap looking, while mine look long sleek and elegant! As you can tell I love my nails lol :):):)

Excuse me for butting in ..but tell your friend to stay clear of the NNS/MMA salons ..please!! If you do do a search on here,you ll see what a nightmare they are.:mad:

i have told her 100s and 100s of times that there cheap nasty and dirty!!!

but for her there quick easy and cheap! :smack:

i told her not to come crying to me when she gets pitt holes or/and greenys:eek:

i had my nails done in l&p, and there beautiful to look at, i am going for my rebalance tomorrow. And my problem/question is that nearly most of them have lifted and because of this the three middle fingers on my right hand look grubby where stuff has got in-between the nail bed and the enhancement.

It’s the first time i have had them done, so i want to know can she correct this lifting with the infill or am i going to have to get a new full set? Which i can’t afford as paid 50 for them last time.

the lifting can be filed away, there shouldn't be any need for a full set.

also should i of told her about the lifting straight away and not left it for nearly 3 weeks :rolleyes: ? I have also used nail glue under one of them coz it keep catching my hair.

it is worth letting her know as soon as possible & having them done then. It is not a good idea to glue down lifting, you have possible sealed in moisture/ bacteria, even if you haven't the glued down nails should be removed because adhesive can breakdown leaving you with more lifting further down the track.

why have they lifted in the first place? I have been extra careful so don’t really understand

there are lots of cause for lifting, some are insufficient prep, product touching soft tissue, incorrect ratio, not using cuticle oil, wearing nails that are too long for you.......

thanks in advance
hth

thanks geeks.

she fix my nails and they look stunning,..am very very happy

Latest posts

Back