my new fabric# routine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
As I now have to adapt my fabric# routine to stay alive a bit longer I need something answering please, you icons up there I know you`re listening......
I have had problems, not so long ago either, with seeing the mesh through the resin (and thanks to ruth I now haven`t, I am using the other end and its perfect) Now if I skip the build, how will I be able to still disguise the mesh? You can`t push boost into the mesh like you can build.
I am asking this cos I have a client on Monday due for a rebalance that will require more mesh and I haven`t been well enough to tackle any of the new routines as yet and don`t know whether to try and use build without the activator of just boost thinly, oh what a dilemma......
all for me bloomin` health

Hi Deb

Dont know if I have missed something lol but...................you should be using bond on the fibreglass/silk I put one coat straight on top of the other to make sure silk is covered completly and it air drys in no time, and as you are having probs with the spray blast......use thin layers of boost with brush on blast tidy up around cuticle and side walls and add more thin layers if needed then buff up.

You can use Build without the activator. Or
You can try Build with the Brush-on activator. OR
You can use another layer of BOND followed by BOOST.

The great thing about the Fabric# system is that you can customize it to suit you and the client.

The one rule as such is that BOND should always be your first layer. After that, anything goes if it works for you. There is no right or wrong apart from using the correct activator with the correct resin (ie never use the spray activator on BOOST).

Dawnie said:
Hi Deb

Dont know if I have missed something lol but...................you should be using bond on the fibreglass/silk I put one coat straight on top of the other to make sure silk is covered completly and it air drys in no time, and as you are having probs with the spray blast......use thin layers of boost with brush on blast tidy up around cuticle and side walls and add more thin layers if needed then buff up.
No Dawnie, you didn`t miss anything, lol. I have had problems in the past with seeing the mesh through the enhancement, even after applying 2 layers of bond. It was suggested to me to push the build into the mesh but if I was gonna leave that out I didn`t think I could apply boost the same way.
I have got a few suggestions to try and I thank you all for that. I`ll let you know how I get on with all suggestions.

BTW Dawnie, GOOD LUCK to you and Caroline and anyone else competing tomorrow x

What would happen if you use spray activator with boost!!

alisondenn said:
What would happen if you use spray activator with boost!!

You would burn your client!
The faster the resin dries and the thicker the resin, the more heat is given off during the drying process.

BOOST is a thick resin ... Blast spray is a quick drying activater == recipe for burning. NEVER use the 2 together.

BOOST has its own slow release Brush.on activator to prevent burning and to stop shattering. The 2 go together always!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back