My New Salon Opening Offers Ideas Needed Pls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Hi,
In 3 weeks ill be opening a room within my hairdressers new salon, offering all services, e.g nails, massage, all beauty etc. I want to offer a promotion to bring my clients through the door, the hairdresser is new to this salon too so were opening the same time, anyway shes offering 20% off all services. Im not sure if its the right thing for me to do, i mean i understand the fact that it tends to "cheapen" the product and can give clients the idea of "oh well if it can be this discounted now then why isnt it always" type of thing, or that they wont want to pay full price in future.

Or do i offer a free treatment with all appts made, like an eyebrow wax-something which takes minutes to do and they would want to keep up with it being done?

If i did the above instead of 20% do you think people would think im being "tight" compared to my hairdresser?

How confusing!! And how long would you do the offer for? have you fellow geeks found any offers youve done successful enough?

Thanks in advance!

Why not offer a little something extra like a free cuticle oil or Mundo hand gel? For a limited period only. Everyone loves a freebie and it doesn't confuse you with prices.

Why not offer a little something extra like a free cuticle oil or Mundo hand gel? For a limited period only. Everyone loves a freebie and it doesn't confuse you with prices.

Yep I was gonna say the same thing! For the more expensive treatments, I would tie two products together with silver ribbon, just as an extra special touch!

No reason to justify prices to anyone then!

Kx

thanks for replies, that sounds good - freebies always catch my eye! Anymore ideas??:hug:

see what other salons near you are doing - and then do something different.

Why not look at introducing a range of products that they aren't offering.

Judy had a good idea!

Latest posts

Back