My open day-help please, geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylormadenails

Reaction score
I've got an nail bar open day on the 9th feb, I have the town crier coming, free editorial in 2 different prices so I have the two photographers for that as well as a photographer coming for the day and a local councillor to cut the ribbon on the opening on the salon. I'm doing champagne and cupcakes but I'm stuck on how much champagne and how many cupcakes????? I'm doing 15 min tasters on finger or toe polish and hand massage. Is there anything else I could do?
Thank u guys x x x

Few pics of salon...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621727.398048.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621727.398048.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 477
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621741.301862.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621741.301862.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 467
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621759.746087.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621759.746087.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 456
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621788.288020.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358621788.288020.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 454
looks stunning hun!

where did you get all your furniture?

id say buy lots of champagne (10 bottles) as you can always do an offer for valentines day or mothers day that clients get a free glass to get rid of any leftover. dont forget on the day to only fill glasses to half way! cupcakes, get enough to fill a tiered cake stand, you can get them on ebay cheap and then you will have it for other occasions!

good luck x

No advice to give but wanted to say BEAUTIFUL salon!!
Good luck with the open day xx

Ooh, actually...one idea might be to find a local cupcake maker (facebook is overrun with them) and ask if she'd like to come along and promote her cupcakes. That way you get them free and she gets a bit of publicity too xx

That's a brill idea about 1/2 glass and valentines day u clever little sausage!!! I'm using my friends cupcake tear stand from her wedding and one of my clients is a cake maker so she's doing them for free, I've tried to pay her but she won't let me! I'm so nervous about the open day...more than the first day I actually opened 2 weeks ago!!! Thank u for yr kind words!
Fingers crossed it goes well, thank u for yr tips guys x x x

looks stunning hun!

where did you get all your furniture?

id say buy lots of champagne (10 bottles) as you can always do an offer for valentines day or mothers day that clients get a free glass to get rid of any leftover. dont forget on the day to only fill glasses to half way! cupcakes, get enough to fill a tiered cake stand, you can get them on ebay cheap and then you will have it for other occasions!

good luck x

Oh and got pretty much all furniture off eBay except reception desks and cupboards... My brother custom made them and my mum painted them and put the wall paper in them :)

A goody bag for the first ten people through the door, or everyone? You could make up some nice bags with your cards and price lists and pop some bits in there like a solar oil or sample hand cream etc. Maybe include a voucher too?

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

A goody bag for the first ten people through the door, or everyone? You could make up some nice bags with your cards and price lists and pop some bits in there like a solar oil or sample hand cream etc. Maybe include a voucher too?

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Oooo I love it!!!

WOW lovely salon :) good luck! Maybe you could run a few competitions, get people to write their name, address, email & number on a sheet to be entered into a prize draw, voila! An instant prospective client database :) do anything you can to gain new clients on the day, it's so easy to take advantage of having all of those people in one place! x

WOW lovely salon :) good luck! Maybe you could run a few competitions, get people to write their name, address, email & number on a sheet to be entered into a prize draw, voila! An instant prospective client database :) do anything you can to gain new clients on the day, it's so easy to take advantage of having all of those people in one place! x

Sounds great! Thank you Hun x

i was gonna say goody bags, it depends on how much you have to spend, i would get little silk bags, like the ones you use at weddings, and fill with little mini bits and maybe throw a few discount vouchers in there and have a lucky dip or something, fill it with mini nail polishes or nail files and gems.
also make sure you have plenty of price lists as everyone should leave with one.
do it like if you book a treatment for jan/feb get a go in our lucky dip!?
make sure you get pictures too for your website/ fb and maybe get a guest book for them to sign with there name and number, this way if you have any events again you can call them to invite them xxxx

i was gonna say goody bags, it depends on how much you have to spend, i would get little silk bags, like the ones you use at weddings, and fill with little mini bits and maybe throw a few discount vouchers in there and have a lucky dip or something, fill it with mini nail polishes or nail files and gems.
also make sure you have plenty of price lists as everyone should leave with one.
do it like if you book a treatment for jan/feb get a go in our lucky dip!?
make sure you get pictures too for your website/ fb and maybe get a guest book for them to sign with there name and number, this way if you have any events again you can call them to invite them xxxx

You are soooooooo clever!!! I love it!!!!!

Your salon is beautiful! You should really create some valentines day packages and really promote them on the opening day. Sorry haven't got many ideas today. Hope it goes really well for you an good luck :) let us know how it goes x

Just want to say good luck with your open day. Salon looks gorgeous. Do you have someone you will help you out with any questions, bookings etc while your busy?

Annie xxx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

I'm loving all these ideas guys!! Thank you so much for your lovely comments too.
I have my sister and mum who both work for me, I've just sent my sister on mani/pedi course so when I get busy she can help me out and my mum does holistic treatments so I'll make sure I show them how to book in treatments. Good thinking batman :) x x x

aww glad we can help, its truly beautiful i cant wait to have somewhere of my own one day!!!! how long have you been doing nails for. let us know how it all goes xxx

aww glad we can help, its truly beautiful i cant wait to have somewhere of my own one day!!!! how long have you been doing nails for. let us know how it all goes xxx

I qualified in 2004 and always worked in salons until credit crunch hit and my boss had to cut my hours down 3 years ago so I had no choice but to leave and to go mobile, I've done that and built up my clientele and saved like mad and just opened on 2nd jan. I bet my old boss isn't too happy looking at my salon now lol! He he x x x

Salon looks fab! Can I ask is your floor wood or wood effect lino? Its a lovely colour!

Salon looks fab! Can I ask is your floor wood or wood effect lino? Its a lovely colour!

It's B&Q the floor u click together, kinda like wood but it was the cheapest lol it was£12 a square meter if that helps x x

salon looks great! !! good luck and all the best! ! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back