My poor Nan.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
I have just been on the phone and found out my poor Nan has had a fall she is 93 years of age and was as bright as a bean bless her. She lives alone in a warden controlled flat cook, cleans and even hand washes all her bedding, clothes and all.

Anyway this fall has put her in stock Mandeville hospital with a broken arm, a broken, wrist, and also a broken leg I think. The arm that is not broken is black and all her fingers are as big as thick sausages bless her.

Her sons wife was rushed over from Cyprus but has to fly back on Thursday they say that she will be able to leave hospital on Thursday of next week and she will have care workers in 3 times a day. I have said I will travel up on Friday and stay until Sunday it is around 2.5 hours drive for me. I will leave hubby with the kids as I can not take them all with me.

I wonder after this fall will she survive her body must be in such a shock she has gone through so much. She feel in the kitchen but the carpet in the living area near to the kitchen door needs to be taken up and replaces as for all the blood that she lost so she must have really gone down with a bang.

It is all so sad my Nan has been through a lot but was such a happy women she lost her daughter my mum who was only 26 years of age when she died. Then her hubby my grandad dies when he was only 52, and then her son my uncle died at the age of 52. He younger sister died last year she was 76 and her other sibling are all dead. She has one son left and lots grand children and great grand children.

And to top all this while I was on the phone someone knocked the door it was the man next door his son who is 22 years of age had just had a brain seizure! a couple of years ago he had bad headaches went to the hospital to find he had a huge tumour which was taken out all has been great until today when this happened so now I am sat worried sick for my Nan and the lad next door.

Please all send your thoughts out to my Nan and Tom the lad who lives next door.

Caz xxx

Ah bless you hun thinking of other people will your nan is in the mess she is.

I hope she recovers quickly and am sending my thought and best wishes out to her and Tom

x

I'm sending Good Thoughts out to you all

You're all having a rough time at the moment, sending lots of get well soon vibes to your Nan and Tom :hug:

Trin
xx

ahh the poor old love, she sounds like a survivor though. my very best wishes to you all. :hug:

Ahhhh Caz, I am so sorry to hear about your nan and the boy next door, please know that I am thinking of you, your nan and the boy hope they recover quickly.

All the best hun! :hug:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Caz, sorry to hear about your nan old people are so vunerable arnt they, i think if she has made it this far she will be fine she will have lots of people to help her better, let us no how she goes xxx:hug:

hope she is on the mend soon the poor luv

Just a little up date on my Nan she had a heart arrest last night they have moved her to John Radcliffe hospital and given her some blood tests. Her son is flying over from Cyprus so should be in england today.

I feel really bad as she lives around 3 hours from me and I can not just rush down I have all the kids and hubby is at work.

Please send thoughts out to her she is old and I am not sure if she will pull through but I still have hope.

Oh Tom next door seems ok he had another seizure a couple of weeks after at his work but he knew he was going to have it and phoned his Mum she went down and sat with him.

He has seen the hospital and is having a scan this month so lets hope this are good with this.

Must go

Love Caz xxx

Keep positive hun!

My gran is 85!

She fell and broke her hip and had to have it replaced....it then became infected so they removed the whole thing so she had to learn to walk again without it.

She was poorly for quite a while but is better than ever now.

Even though she looks like a spice girl with a six inch step on one shoe she gets around our house on her frame.

She is even going in hospital tomorrow for a knee replacement.

Don't give up hope...I am sure she will be ok.

My thoughts are with her.

Keep us all posted!

Vic x

Hi Caz

At the present time I am a Care Home Manger for the elderly and so I was particularly sad when I read about your poor nan. I wish her well love, I really do. Have you considered what will happen though if she cannot return to her own home as it may come to that (although I sincerely hope it does not). But if it does you must be very very careful where she is moved to. There are some very good homes about and also some very poor ones, and you would not want your nan to be in one of those. If they do suggest that she goes in a home then please PM me and I will tell you what to look for when going to view homes, like the staff to resident ratio ect. as this depicts the amount of individual attention that your nan will receive.

Best wishes to Nan, I will remember her in my prayers.

Love Val

Hello Val,

My Nan did go back to her own place which is a warden controlled place in princess risbourgh Bucks this was a week after her fall they were sending care workers in 4 times a day but in the end after 4 days they put her into Thame Cottage Hospital which I have been told is a small place 10 beds she was happy there I would phone most days.

Then last night this happened to her so they have moved her to John Radcliffe hospital for how long I am not sure yet.

Yes I do understand that she may never go back to her own place now I will PM you when I find out more if I feel I need to ask any quetions thanks very much Val.

Caz xxx

valburt said:
Hi Caz

At the present time I am a Care Home Manger for the elderly and so I was particularly sad when I read about your poor nan. I wish her well love, I really do. Have you considered what will happen though if she cannot return to her own home as it may come to that (although I sincerely hope it does not). But if it does you must be very very careful where she is moved to. There are some very good homes about and also some very poor ones, and you would not want your nan to be in one of those. If they do suggest that she goes in a home then please PM me and I will tell you what to look for when going to view homes, like the staff to resident ratio ect. as this depicts the amount of individual attention that your nan will receive.

Best wishes to Nan, I will remember her in my prayers.

Love Val

I am off in the morning to see my Nan in John Radclife Hospital in Oxford tomorrow her son has just arrived from Cyprus my Uncle so I will also see him. He said Nan is not good but then tommorow is another day so things may be better.

Please think of me it is going to be very sad but lets hope I feel better for seeing her.

Should take me around 2.5 to 3 hours to get there.

Last time I was at that hospital was when I was 2 years of age visiting my Mum she had a big op she had cancer of the breast sadly she died at the age of 26 years.

Take care
Caz xxx

Hope things go better for you and your nan, tell her we are thinking of her and give her a big geeky hug from all of us
x

Thanks very much I saw my Nan which was nice she seemed ok we chatted, we will have to wait and see what happens bless her.

I am really tired now as did not get home till 1am as I called into see my brother and had some tea/dinner with him so I feel dead this morning LOL!

Caz xxx

scattyfox said:
Hope things go better for you and your nan, tell her we are thinking of her and give her a big geeky hug from all of us
x

Hi hun,

Glad to hear she is feeling better!

I went to see mine last night and it was horrible. She is on morphine which means she was talking rubbish.

She was saying things like my Auntie and Uncle had been and she could hear them outside but they didn't come in to say hello and didn't say goodbye either.

She was very confused!

I hope your gran is up and about again soon! :hug:

Oh bless poor love it is so sad isn't it? I also hope your Nan picks up soon.

I am not sure if my Nan will ever get over this her arms are black, swallon, and her legs are all blown up she did look so sad bless her.

I have seen her now and hope to see her again.

Thanks for your message.

Caz xxx

vic1082 said:
Hi hun,

Glad to hear she is feeling better!

I went to see mine last night and it was horrible. She is on morphine which means she was talking rubbish.

She was saying things like my Auntie and Uncle had been and she could hear them outside but they didn't come in to say hello and didn't say goodbye either.

She was very confused!

I hope your gran is up and about again soon! :hug:

caz3 said:
Oh bless poor love it is so sad isn't it? I also hope your Nan picks up soon.

I am not sure if my Nan will ever get over this her arms are black, swallon, and her legs are all blown up she did look so sad bless her.

I have seen her now and hope to see her again.

Thanks for your message.

Caz xxx

I am sure she will.

My grans arms are like that too but it is because when a person is under anesthetic and can't feel pain the doctors/nurses don't know how hard they are touching the skin.

All people swell up to some degree when they go in to hospital.My gran is a skinny stick of a litle thing and so petite but her hands, wrists, ankles, etc were all like that yesterday.

I feel sorry for her though because she can't lift her arms due to arthritis and she can't pull herself up in bed to adjust her hip and knee to get comfy!

I am dreading getting old!

Yes that is how I felt yesterday I am dreading getting old it is all so sad, makes you wonder what life is all about:|

My thoughts are also with your gran xxx

vic1082 said:
I am sure she will.

My grans arms are like that too but it is because when a person is under anesthetic and can't feel pain the doctors/nurses don't know how hard they are touching the skin.

All people swell up to some degree when they go in to hospital.My gran is a skinny stick of a litle thing and so petite but her hands, wrists, ankles, etc were all like that yesterday.

I feel sorry for her though because she can't lift her arms due to arthritis and she can't pull herself up in bed to adjust her hip and knee to get comfy!

I am dreading getting old!

It does but I have to say my gran had a wonderful life and a wonderful husband!

She didn't want for anything and now she has family to look after her and my mum is amazing. I don't know anyone that works that hard.

If I have the kind of people looking after me that my gran has had I will be a happy old lady.
My thoughts are with you and your family too.

Latest posts

Back