My reflexology treatment induced labour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepinkfairy

Reaction score
I'm so excited about this! I had a heavily pregnant lady in for reflexology last friday afternoon, she was 5 days away from her due date and she had had enough of being pregnant so she thought she would try reflexology to induce labour. I told her that obviously I couldn't guarantee it would work but it was worth a try. Anyway, she came in the salon today to tell me she had her baby that same night!!:p I couldn't believe it, to tell the truth I was doubtful that the reflexology would bring her baby out but it did!
I suppose the skeptics will say that she could of had the baby that day anyway reguardless of the reflex but I believe it worked.
I just had to share because I'm just so excited!!

Congrats and well done!!

My first baby was induced and it isn't pleasant believe me, and for my second baby (who's only 4.5 months old!) I went late again and had some reflexology done on the Weds and had him on the Sat (day before due to go in) so I really do think it works.

It is also very relaxing.

Makes it feel worthwhile when you have news like this!! Well done!! x

Congrats and well done!!

My first baby was induced and it isn't pleasant believe me, and for my second baby (who's only 4.5 months old!) I went late again and had some reflexology done on the Weds and had him on the Sat (day before due to go in) so I really do think it works.

It is also very relaxing.

Makes it feel worthwhile when you have news like this!! Well done!! x

Thanks, it's amazing knowing that I really helped this lady out. She said that it was a quick labour aswell, 25 mins and it was all over!

I'm in complete amazement!

wow wish i had known this 7 years ago! i done it the old fashioned way, night of passion
and a hot curry ( that got him out) lol.
it's a good feeling when you know you have helped someone no wonder you are
excited.

Well done hun,
I know a lady that does reflexology and has induced a few labours, it doesnt work for everyone but it certainly does for most :hug:

Wow, didn't know reflexology could induce labour. If I had known that all those years ago I'd have gone for that option rather than out dancing and then a curry - still didn't work though. Little blighter still hung on in there for another 10 days after her due date.

Do you do anything different to a 'normal' reflexology session as I had 10 sessions of reflexology on a weekly basis from weeks 30 to 40, with my second baby, my aim was to reduce second stage labour, but I didn't actually go into labour from it......my second stage was around 30 seconds so I do believe that bit worked, although the midwife was in a bit of a panic!

Reeeeeeeeesult .. hope they're including your name somewhere in the baby's new title! :lol:

Blimey, I wish you lived near me... I was due to have my baby on Monday and it's now Thursday and I'm sitting here waiting! x :)

nice 1 - i remember when i was having my 3rd baby (24 years ago). i induced another lady - from laffing - i know its not reflexology, but got the same result.

oh how i like to make people laff.

Latest posts

Back