My room is naked-ideas for filling it in for max appeal and functionality?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this post! What did you decide on? I'm looking to get set up at home. My concern is that i haven't a sink in the actual room but the bathroom is next door! X

Hiya Jay,

My room doesn't have a sink either. I have a towel cabinet, I'll add some pics. I find that is all I really need to be honest. When doing my facial the following generally happens:

Cleansing, then remove the cleanser I use a steamed towel, which is much loved so far by the people I've worked with! I do two rounds of cleansing and follow that up with a toner, so there is zero residue by the time I finish.

I use about 3 to 4 hot towels and a set of steamed/hot mitts per facial. Not one bit of running water. I take all my towels before my customer gets there and dampen them in the sink. The sink is sanitised before I dampen the towels in the even the towels touch the sink. I then place all the squeezed, damp towels into a larger towel and take them and put them into my cabinet, where they get hot and lovely.

Don't forget you can also use a steamer for opening pores and as part of your facials.

Now that I have all my bits (though I am sure I will collect more as time goes by!) my room contains the following:

Therapy bed
My stool/chair
Make-up stool
Two cubed shelves (IKEA)
One make-up table (IKEA)
Steamer and magnifying mirror on wheels
UV/Hot towel steamer cabinet
Trolly (I cheated with this and just use a set of rolling plastic drawers, cheap from Argos!). I can put what I need on top and a few bits in the other drawers, like spatulas, cotton rounds, etc
Small fan (good for if the room gets too heated during steaming, etc)
Hollywood mirror with lights (still waiting to have it hanged professionally. I don't dare attempt it!)
Radio Frequency (Neo Elegance)
Diamond Dermabrasion tool (Neo Elegance)
Bio Swiss skincare (cleansers, toners, masks, moisturisers and treatments)
Make-up: All different bits, but my foundations are RCMA, shadows are by Morphe, various other bits of high end make-up like mascara, blush, liners, contouring pallets, false lashes, lip colours, lip treatments (both scrubs and moisture that can be used during facials as well). Primers for both face and eyes. Disposable things like spatulas, mascara spoolies, lip brushes, cotton buds, cotton pads. Powder (RCMA), various pallets, and even a few drug store favourites mixed in.
Tweezers
Pre-waxed brow shapers and stray hair removers. These are super gentle and not too sticky either. They are called "Surgi Wax" brow shapers. Perfect for those times when you just have to remove excess hair.

Facial towels (I have over a dozen)
Facial towel mitts (These are awesome and I got them from amazon! They are the same material as my towels but can put your hands in them for cleaning of lotions and gives a nice exfoliation as the same time).
Headbands (poor hair!)
Plastic hair covers if needed

Bluetooth stereo boombox thing, that I can use from my iPhone for relaxing sounds

Various scented things, but always check with client first to make sure they won't find them bothersome.

Glass mixing bowls, awesome deal found also on Amazon.

Extraction tools for blackheads,etc.

Various bedding for the couch. A pad warmer to put under the sheets. Blankets and pillows. I will also order some little bolsters for the ladies with back and hip problems, they are great to put under the knees for comfort.

Various things to sanitise my tools and brushes. Boxes of tissue. Packets of sanitising hand wipes too, very handy!

Probably more, but I'm on brain overload. LOL!

Love this post! What did you decide on? I'm looking to get set up at home. My concern is that i haven't a sink in the actual room but the bathroom is next door! X

Hiya Jay,

My room doesn't have a sink either. I have a towel cabinet, I'll add some pics. I find that is all I really need to be honest. When doing my facial the following generally happens:

Cleansing, then remove the cleanser I use a steamed towel, which is much loved so far by the people I've worked with! I do two rounds of cleansing and follow that up with a toner, so there is zero residue by the time I finish.

I use about 3 to 4 hot towels and a set of steamed/hot mitts per facial. Not one bit of running water. I take all my towels before my customer gets there and dampen them in the sink. The sink is sanitised before I dampen the towels in the even the towels touch the sink. I then place all the squeezed, damp towels into a larger towel and take them and put them into my cabinet, where they get hot and lovely.

Don't forget you can also use a steamer for opening pores and as part of your facials.

Now that I have all my bits (though I am sure I will collect more as time goes by!) my room contains the following:

Therapy bed
My stool/chair
Make-up stool
Two cubed shelves (IKEA)
One make-up table (IKEA)
Steamer and magnifying mirror on wheels
UV/Hot towel steamer cabinet
Trolly (I cheated with this and just use a set of rolling plastic drawers, cheap from Argos!). I can put what I need on top and a few bits in the other drawers, like spatulas, cotton rounds, etc
Small fan (good for if the room gets too heated during steaming, etc)
Hollywood mirror with lights (still waiting to have it hanged professionally. I don't dare attempt it!)
Radio Frequency (Neo Elegance)
Diamond Dermabrasion tool (Neo Elegance)
Bio Swiss skincare (cleansers, toners, masks, moisturisers and treatments)
Make-up: All different bits, but my foundations are RCMA, shadows are by Morphe, various other bits of high end make-up like mascara, blush, liners, contouring pallets, false lashes, lip colours, lip treatments (both scrubs and moisture that can be used during facials as well). Primers for both face and eyes. Disposable things like spatulas, mascara spoolies, lip brushes, cotton buds, cotton pads. Powder (RCMA), various pallets, and even a few drug store favourites mixed in.
Tweezers
Pre-waxed brow shapers and stray hair removers. These are super gentle and not too sticky either. They are called "Surgi Wax" brow shapers. Perfect for those times when you just have to remove excess hair.

Facial towels (I have over a dozen)
Facial towel mitts (These are awesome and I got them from amazon! They are the same material as my towels but can put your hands in them for cleaning of lotions and gives a nice exfoliation as the same time).
Headbands (poor hair!)
Plastic hair covers if needed

Bluetooth stereo boombox thing, that I can use from my iPhone for relaxing sounds

Various scented things, but always check with client first to make sure they won't find them bothersome.

Glass mixing bowls, awesome deal found also on Amazon.

Extraction tools for blackheads,etc.

Various bedding for the couch. A pad warmer to put under the sheets. Blankets and pillows. I will also order some little bolsters for the ladies with back and hip problems, they are great to put under the knees for comfort.

Various things to sanitise my tools and brushes. Boxes of tissue. Packets of sanitising hand wipes too, very handy!

Probably more, but I'm on brain overload. LOL!

Thank you so so much for taking time to write this!!! So much useful info! You are a star [emoji294]️[emoji294]️[emoji294]️

I thought I would come back and update this post with pictures from my finished studio! My mirror finally got here and was professional hung this morning! Thanks again to everyone who was so very helpful!!
New Room 1.jpg
New Room 3.jpg
Other mirror view.JPG
Studio Mirror.JPG

This is beautiful [emoji4] all the best with your business x

Hi miss redd
I am by no means an expert but I do have my own salon and have worked in various places before this. If this was my room id like to have the head of my bed nearest the window ( I think you suggested this) that nook would also be handy for your stool. I like my product trolley with facial products and towel steamer to be near me on my right hand side. I've also got my mag lamp attached to the same trolley.
It might be nice to have some display shelves at the end of the bed on that wall (facing the client if they are sat up) it would be a good way to introduce your sales and also a talking point when clients are sat up on the couch. I also have a tub chair (I think that's what they're called from ikea) in my room and this is great for clients to leave things on/sit down to get dressed, put shoes on etc. I'm not sure if you'd have room for this so perhaps a hook with hangers on the back of your door for their clothes.
Like others have said, ikea is a great place to get all sorts of furniture - you just need to use your imagination a bit and also plenty of ideas from other geeks.
Your room looks great and I wish you the best of luck.
Hope that helps

Sam X
I totally agree with everything written here. Don't put art work on the walls or nick nacks around, make sure these work for you too. Have some posters of the products you use and even maybe have them framed to make them even more attractive. then some shelves with products to sell. Happy new salon, it looks great. :)

Latest posts

Back