My Salon Nail Comp Photos That I DIDNT Get To Enter!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSashax

Reaction score
Hi Guys these are the Pics I was gonna enter into the Salon Nails Comp that finished on 30th Sept -I have added a few more shots than i think was allowed to be entered but seeing as i didnt enter..... I was really looking forward to seeing what the pros thought of my nails and how well I scored but My laptop brokdown a few days befor and my pics were on it :cry:- I didnt loose the pics cos it was something to do with the battery :)so ,I got it back a few days ago and would like your opinion please guys -
Give it to me hard as it will only make me better!!!!
I know they would have been far to long now looking at the winners pics, and i know that the line of light goes of to the side a little at the base of the nail on the ring finger to where i have taken away a bit too much acrylic across the end of zone 3, i think??:irked:
Thanks Guys xxx

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 385
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 259
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 390
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 344
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 279
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 280
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 279
Well done - they look really good.

The only thing I can add (and it may only be because of the photos) is that some look like they are touching the skin as opposed to being flush with the nails, but if these were mine I would be more than happy.

Thanks Oey, Hope its the pics because normally i never have a problem with lifting so dont think the acrylics to close to the skin?? How do i get my rating thingy up, it dosent seem to be on it, i have gone back into edit and its not there, is it because i have too many pics do u think?

no - I think your ratings are there - I have put some on for you hun.

oh i can see them now, strange, i coulndt befor, Thankyou for yoursxx

OK. I would say overall they look nice.
Shape and smiles are good.
I would agree with Theresa that the product looks like it could be touching the skin and that the edges could be a bit more flush.
Surface lines of light aren't straight so a bit more refinement could be done.

Was that hard enough?! Lol

Do you use a UV Topcoat?

Lol hard is fine, no i dont use gel I think wats happend is Iv flooded the cuticle with super shiny , I sure its not the acrylic, I never normally do that, you can see on the single pics that it dosent touch the cuticle area cos u can see the dust - on the last photo...

Lol hard is fine, no i dont use gel I think wats happend is Iv flooded the cuticle with super shiny , I sure its not the acrylic, I never normally do that, you can see on the single pics that it dosent touch the cuticle area cos u can see the dust - on the last photo...

Ok, my advice is
Ditch the Super Shiney for now.
Work on refining the surface to get your lines of light straight.
Go up your grits until all surface scratches are gone and then buff your butt off!
Have fun :hug:

Sasha, I think your nails in pics look fab. Really love the crisp smiles :!:

Nice enough nails, but they need some fine tuning/filing, a tad plastic looking, before taking pictures sharpen all edges, remove all fuzzy bits, refine the shape, remove all dust.
These nails look nice, but need some refinement to finish them off

thanks 4 ur advice guys - i will do another better set and see what u all think again soon xxxxxxxxx

thanks 4 ur advice guys - i will do another better set and see what u all think again soon xxxxxxxxx
Can't wait. :hug:

I think that overall they are really lovely. I agree with the comments already made but would add that the smilelines are uneven on a couple of fingers ie. sitting higher on one edge and lower on the other IYKWIM.

Such a pity you could not enter these in the comp, because I think they would have scored well. Your apex looks spot on to me. Well done.

great job, they look awsome, shame you didnt get to enter...always a next time!!

Latest posts

Back