My salon's 1st anniversary party activities

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey_4880

Reaction score
Hey guys. In december i will have had my salon for 1 year!! I bought an existing salon so I can't really call it the 1st birthday cus it's been open for about 6 years.

So anyway I'm gonna have a party! The anniversary is on a wednesday but I'll have it on a Saturday at 6pm I think. I want to have a glass of wine for everyone on arrival and serve cupcakes and maybe some cheese, crackers, olives etc. and I'll decorate the cupcakes in the salon colours and decorations.

I have a couple of activities in mind and everyone gets name tags on arrival. My sister is a hairdresser so she is gonna be a special guest to do a simple DIY up style tutorial. And the last activity of the night will be a an at-home-weekly facial. I'll have a table set up for each skin type and clients will sort themselves into these groups. Each table will have products suited to those skin types, cotton pads, fibrella and a bowl of warm water for each person. Then we will all take off our make up, cleanse etc to the mask stage. Then while our masks are on we will play a skin care quiz with easy questions that most people should know. With little prizes like maybe discount vouchers or something.

I'm also gonna have heAps of voucher prizes and maybe product gift packs. And because it's jus before Xmas I'll offer 10% off all vouchers purchased and maybe even 10% off all appointments made that night.

So I'd love to hear anyone's suggestions for games that will mingle everyone and ideas of prizes and stuff. A client suggested having a paper theme for the one year anniversary gift thing. But I don't know how to use that and I don't want to look cheap or tacky. Look forward to hearing from everyone :) xxx

Just wanted to say that this sounds like fun :)

Are you sure that "games" won't be a bit too much though? Sounds like you've a lot going on as it is!

Been thinking about your "paper" theme as well for your 1st anniversary- I know that paper isn't the most exciting thing in the world (apart from £20 notes of course lol) - how about an origami theme? Maybe fold up some vouchers as swans?

Origami Swan Folding Instructions - How to fold an Origami Swan

Just a thought!

Hey that's a good idea. Thanks for replying :) I thought I'd have heaps of responses about this... I'll look up the origami idea though. Thanks heaps xx

it all sounds lovely but i cant help but think it would be nice for clients to be able to come and mingle and for you to be able to chat to them in a relaxed atmosphere rather than working?? obviously just my opinion and do u think that clients will want to take their make up off and then leave?? i wouldnt i have to say unless you were going to put make up back on me!

how about doing a quick hand scrub and moisturise? x

I like the hand exfol and moisturizer idea :) I will be telling them what we're doing before we start that activity and give them a chance to leave. I idea of this activity is to teach them how to correctly do their weekly facial at home and it also allows them to sample and try out my products. So I'm really keen on this idea. And there will be plenty of mingling time, after all I'm there to entertain my clients while I enjoy myself as well :) thanks for ur ideas souz x

I like the hand exfol and moisturizer idea :) I will be telling them what we're doing before we start that activity and give them a chance to leave. I idea of this activity is to teach them how to correctly do their weekly facial at home and it also allows them to sample and try out my products. So I'm really keen on this idea. And there will be plenty of mingling time, after all I'm there to entertain my clients while I enjoy myself as well :) thanks for ur ideas souz x

I have I say I would walk out if you would warn me as this at home facials just isn't my thing in public. I think if your really keen on having people try your products, why not just do a free skin consultation and then direct them to the table where they would have a member of staff explain the products and get the client to feel and try each. Give away sample bags! This way they get to know their actually skin type as most people don't have a real clue. Just my thoughts

I agree with others, some people might not want to remove their make up (with others!) and go home with out it. That wouldn't bother me but I wouldn't be particularly keen on an evening where formal activities are arranged. I'd rather pick and choose and have a bit more flexibility about what I get involved in.

If you're really keen on the idea what about doing a demonstration on someone but having all of your products laid out so that people can play around with them or even try them if they want.

Hope it goes really well for you, whatever you choose :)

Thanks for all of ur replies everyone! I'll be telling them about the DIY facials in the invitations so they have plenty of notice and they don't have to be apart of it if they don't want to. And I'm on my own at my salon so I can't use other staff. I'll have a couple of friends helping out. This is really the only activity that we'll do. I'm not gettingy sister to do her thing anymore. Thanks everyone! It's gonna be a great chilled out night with lots of laughs!

Hi everyone. I know this is an old post but I just realised I never told u how my party went!!! Even though it was 8 months ago!!

First of all my Barnyard game (which everyone told me not to do) was a MASSIVE HIT!!! U should have heard the women that got the chickens! They were flapping their arms and bok bok bokking around the place everywhere!!! They won that one lol!

The blindfolded makeup game was great too. It was a real surprise how well some of them turned out! And some not so much hehe a real hit as well!

As for the DIY facials they were fantastic! No one had any problems removing makeup. I got everyone to help eachother by checking if the other had removed their makeup properly. It was really great to go through and show clients how they should properly carry out their routine by actually doing it on myself while they did it with me. Then they all loved the different coloured masks as well. "Why is this one green, why is that one white?" Everyone had plenty of questions which I was hoping for.

Overall the night was a HUGE success!! Everyone had a great time, mingled with new people, learned lots of things and won heaps of prizes! And the wine was a real hit too!!!! :)

Definitely making this an annual thing!! Can't wait for this years party!

Latest posts

Back