My Second Set Of Gels!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratchers

Reaction score
Hello again everyone,

Well after all your great tips from my first set i thought i'd have another go today on myself......

So here you go i must admitt i personally think these are much better than the first ones but its only my second go so i will leave up to you, the experts :green:

I'm not sure if i've got the right angles on th pics so if you want me to take more let me know, a few of the pics make the nails look they are filed wonky but i swear there not lol xxx

Attachments

• gel nails 2 003.jpg
    gel nails 2 003.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 650
I dont do gel so cant comment too much,
they look really nice, i would have never guessed it was only your second set, if anything i would say they look a little flat and in need of an apex but nice work

i think they are lovely well done!!

these defo look like comp nails though and maybe winners at that ( though i dont know, im not a judge lol !!)
but would like to see some more maybe like an everday wear nail
well done but maybe a bit too extreme

you have definately got the hang of it though
mwah x

Thats what i'm finding hard as it is self leveling cant seem to build it up!!!

I'm getting there lol maybe 3rd time lucky? xxx

i think they are lovely well done!!

these defo look like comp nails though and maybe winners at that ( though i dont know, im not a judge lol !!)
but would like to see some more maybe like an everday wear nail
well done but maybe a bit too extreme

you have definately got the hang of it though
mwah x

how do i make them less extreme what sort of look do i need to get xx

sorry i didnt mean it to come out harsh,
im only jealous!!!
what i mean is, would you actually see many of your clients wearing these and keeping them like this for 3 weeks?
i would reduce the c curve,
reduce the length
just to make them a bit more wearable if you know what i mean
hth xxx

sorry i didnt mean it to come out harsh,
im only jealous!!!
what i mean is, would you actually see many of your clients wearing these and keeping them like this for 3 weeks?
i would reduce the c curve,
reduce the length
just to make them a bit more wearable if you know what i mean
hth xxx

Oh no i didn't think you were being harsh hun just wasn't sure what you meant.....

i do use these tips in the salon and clients like them but i know what you mean now thanks hun xx

Kirsty I hate you!!
How come you can do such a fantastic set on your second go. They are gorgoeous, you will be competing in gel div 3 next I think:hug::hug:
Are they tips or sculpts?

Hello kirsty these look visually perfect except the apex needs working on a little and they seem a little to long, but as jackie said a good set of comp gels. For everyday wear these wouldn't last me 2 days, mabe keep these on for as long as you can and see how they stand up to your every day life. I think the index finger will be the first to go :cry:

A beautifull set of nails you are doing a fab job well done you xxxxxx you can sit next to me in sep if you want to enter proff beauty gel :)

They're really really good, my second sets of gels looked nothing like that!!

Well done,

Teri x:hug:

I don't do gel but the look amazing to me!! Well done!! :)

Kirsty I hate you!!
How come you can do such a fantastic set on your second go. They are gorgoeous, you will be competing in gel div 3 next I think:hug::hug:
Are they tips or sculpts?

these are tips hun i haven't tried scuplt yet thought i'd practise this first and then move on to that as i'm abit nervous about sculpting with gel cos i cant control the product to well lol

i think they look longer in the pics tricky than they actually are they are shorter than the ones you did at the masers hun i will show you tuesday so you can see properly xxx

Hi Kirsty, I think that these look fantastic. Re. the apex, I got a tip from my educator as Ezflow gel is self levelling too, get your client to turn her hand upside down for a few seconds and it stops it levelling out too much, leaving your apex in place iykwim.

hth

Scratchers I love the shape u make in every hand (L&P) but gel i want to tell you that i never have seen more beutifull gel work, if u didnt say that they are from gel i would still think they are from L&P! Great Great Work !! Bravo

i also havent quite got the hang of gel yet,so i wish you luck .i think they they look really nice.i like my nails quite long so i would wear these nails.they look lovely.well done

Scratchers I love the shape u make in every hand (L&P) but gel i want to tell you that i never have seen more beutifull gel work, if u didnt say that they are from gel i would still think they are from L&P! Great Great Work !! Bravo

AAhh thank you dessi your so sweet, thanks girls for all your comments i may try and enter in gel at the comp when i've practised more!!! alot more!!!!:green:

Hi Kirsty, I think that these look fantastic. Re. the apex, I got a tip from my educator as Ezflow gel is self levelling too, get your client to turn her hand upside down for a few seconds and it stops it levelling out too much, leaving your apex in place iykwim.

hth

Thanks fiona i will try that next time xxxx

I don't think they look extreme, I think they look very wearable....well done hun....start offering to clients NOW! It will bring your timings down as you know....I didn't think that Brisa is self levelling?

I don't think they look extreme, I think they look very wearable....well done hun....start offering to clients NOW! It will bring your timings down as you know....I didn't think that Brisa is self levelling?

Is it not? to be honest i need to educate myself on the product again as it didn't sink in on the course lol

i'm putting it on my new price lists monday :eek:

Also cathie can you give me some tips for my gel nails for the comp coming up if i was to do a set like this what would i need to change??

Also cathie can you give me some tips for my gel nails for the comp coming up if i was to do a set like this what would i need to change??
Blimey, who am I...Mrs competition expert not lol! You need to ask Oceana...always the bridesmaid never the bride...I know she won't mind me saying that!

Same as l/p I guess....nice and thin, nice c curves...all the same stuff that you have been doing with your l/p....I guess you could pre pinch your tips....Antony showed me pinching gel last week, but personally I don't think it works unless you can clamp it and that would be too sore.

I have found that you do really need to get it right with your tips as I always file off far too much product when finishing and loose the white.

Latest posts

Back