my sis has bad skin at the mo?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
hi all you skin geeks...my sister come up last week with a rash on her chin...next day it spread to her forehead..now its spreading all over on her neck...she has been sick for 2 days with it..i mean sick.....its sore and very itchy..she has been to docs (no good) so went to hospital where she had a blood test....her lips are all puffy aswell...just wanted to know what can she put on it as its REAL bad...she has not used anything different ....hopital said vaseline????...thanks in advance xxxx

Goodness poor thing. Have the blood results come back? Has she applied any new products that she hasnt used in the past? x

It it's sore and itchy maybe a good aloe vera gel to help cool and calm it BUT try it in a small area first. Last thing you want to do is make it worse. can't see how vaseline would help and would be interested to know why they suggested this.

Goodness poor thing. Have the blood results come back? Has she applied any new products that she hasnt used in the past? x

no hun...blood test wont be back till next week :rolleyes:...and she has sensitive skin...we all do!!...so not applyed anything new...just wandered what or if...she could put anything on it for the itching....it looks like spots but they are not red.xxx

She could take antihistamines if it's itchy BUT I would strongly recommend that first she goes back to the docs or at least to see a pharmacist. That's what I would recommend to anybody that came to see me with something like this.

She could take antihistamines if it's itchy BUT I would strongly recommend that first she goes back to the docs or at least to see a pharmacist. That's what I would recommend to anybody that came to see me with something like this.

thanks hun ...will tell her xxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear, your poor sis.

Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction to something (I should now, believe me I have the most sensitive skin on the planet!).

Yep, anti-histamines is the best temporary relief, but best to seek advice from the GP just in case.

Hope she feels better soon too.

What about calamine lotion from the chemist? Another thing to try is chickweek gel from the chemist or health food shop or lavender oil.

It it's sore and itchy maybe a good aloe vera gel to help cool and calm it BUT try it in a small area first. Last thing you want to do is make it worse. can't see how vaseline would help and would be interested to know why they suggested this.

the hospital said this cos of her flacky skin..:eek: ...

Oh dear, your poor sis.

Definitely sounds like an allergic reaction to something (I should now, believe me I have the most sensitive skin on the planet!).

Yep, anti-histamines is the best temporary relief, but best to seek advice from the GP just in case.

Hope she feels better soon too.

thanks hun...will let you know how she gets on but i am going to call her about anti-histamines xxxxx

What about calamine lotion from the chemist? Another thing to try is chickweek gel from the chemist or health food shop or lavender oil.

thanks hun for that....never heard of chickweed gel!!!! xx

As an ex-dispensing technician in a pharmacy, I wouldn't think calamine lotion is the best thing, it can be quite drying, and it sounds like that's the last thing she needs at the mo! What does chickweed gel do? Not heard of that one!

....hopital said vaseline
My brother had shingles and the doctor originally told him to put E45 on it! Just as bizarre, but due to a wrong diagnosis!

I would take her to a different doctor especially as she has been sick too or call NHS direct and ask them what to do. :hug:

My brother had shingles and the doctor originally told him to put E45 on it! Just as bizarre, but due to a wrong diagnosis!

I would take her to a different doctor especially as she has been sick too or call NHS direct and ask them what to do. :hug:

thanks hun...i could not speak to her today...but will call you tomorrow and letyou know what they said...thanks again lovely geeks xxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:

i wouldnt put anything on her skin at the mo, with too much histamine at the mo so she could end up having a reaction to anything until it settles down....but like others have said piriton or equiverlant until she gets her bloods back.......

i wouldnt put anything on her skin at the mo, with too much histamine at the mo so she could end up having a reaction to anything until it settles down....but like others have said piriton or equiverlant until she gets her bloods back.......

thank you hun...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:

As an ex-dispensing technician in a pharmacy, I wouldn't think calamine lotion is the best thing, it can be quite drying, and it sounds like that's the last thing she needs at the mo! What does chickweed gel do? Not heard of that one!
Chickweed is a plant that's used for itching and inflammed skin. I buy it in a jar in a gel consistency and rub it on the itchy spots. Last year I had a really bad skin rash so I used it and found it was a great relief.

Chickweed is a plant that's used for itching and inflammed skin. I buy it in a jar in a gel consistency and rub it on the itchy spots. Last year I had a really bad skin rash so I used it and found it was a great relief.

Interesting, I may have to look further into that. Thanks!

Well my sis still has bad skin...they still say its a allergic reaction to something.....BUT she has been told by 4 people .......2 of them nurses that she has what looks like shingles :eek::eek::eek::eek:......

Has anyone had this?????....she wet to docs yesterday and they said it cant be shingles because its all over her face......shingles would be on one side of her body....is that true ?????????????.....

If it is allergic reaction...wouldn't it have cleared up by now...doc said it could take 6 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek:.......she is feeling down and in pain...which makes me think shingles.....i just don't know xxxxxx

Well my sis still has bad skin...they still say its a allergic reaction to something.....BUT she has been told by 4 people .......2 of them nurses that she has what looks like shingles :eek::eek::eek::eek:......

Has anyone had this?????....she wet to docs yesterday and they said it cant be shingles because its all over her face......shingles would be on one side of her body....is that true ?????????????.....

If it is allergic reaction...wouldn't it have cleared up by now...doc said it could take 6 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek:.......she is feeling down and in pain...which makes me think shingles.....i just don't know xxxxxx

Sounds like Shingles and it "almost always occurs on one side of the body", but notice the "almost" so it is possible it still is! You can get it on your face and it is very important that you get it treated as soon as possible if it is on the face. They need to send off a blood test for analysis. See another doctor and fast! :hug:

Last edited:
Sounds like Shingles and it "almost always occurs on one side of the body", but notice the "almost" so it is possible it still is! They need to send off a blood test for analysis. See another doctor! :hug:

Thanks hun ...i will tell her xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back