My skin is SO DRY!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxprincess

Reaction score
What do you guys use for severly dry skin? I feel like my face is going to crack and fall off. It's all flaky and DRY. I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and use an intense moisurizer but it's not helping. Any ideas?

You do not need to exfoliate all that much.You are probably stripping your skin of its natural oils what are you using as skincare and what is your routine.

You do not need to exfoliate all that much.You are probably stripping your skin of its natural oils what are you using as skincare and what is your routine.
I agree with gillian here,as we really need to know what you are using,however,a drier skin is sluggish,and does need to be exfoliated slightly more than an oily skin,as you need to mechanically stimulate the oil glands.

Are you using a salon professional brand or a high street brand?

This way we can ascertain what can be best incorporated into your routine...exfoliation,gently,and moisturasation is the key.Also with a drier skin your skin may be sensitised,and are the dry patches red aswell?

I agree with what has already been said IF your skin is dry. It could be that your skin is dehydrated/dry - lots of factors can contribute to this central heating now the weather has turned cold, wind and cold outside. Also are you drinking enough water as lack of fluids will dehydrate and make you feel tight and dry.

Also again, would need to know what skincare regime you are using?

Ok. Yes, I could be dehydrated. But I am so dry it's making me crazy! The dust from doing nails is what is drying me out, I think. I use Joey New York Professional Products or DHC from Japan. I bet my SUPER Hot showers don't help, but it's so cold here right now!
I'm not red but I am kind of patchy. I don't think my skin is all that sensitive.
I feel like putting pure cocoa butter on my face but then I'll have to deal with the yucky pores. I did use a mask a few weeks ago that I think may have dried me out. Would I still be dried out from that?

at this time of year my skin get quite dry in places

i have a paraffin wax facial, mani and pedi and i moisturise with cocoa butter or shea butter

Latest posts

Back