my smiles are getting better by pushing and not swiping. Who else pushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
Just had a little bit more practice on my L&P smiles.

I've watched a few tutorials, some push only, some push then swipe.

When I try to swipe I usually get an uneven smile, sometimes goes to a "v" in the middle, sometimes frayed looking and generally find it not easy to make every smile look the same. On the odd occasion I get a nice smile.

I watched the geek tutorial in the past and he says to avoid "back bobbing" if poss.

Just tried to do some smiles by just pushing and they look ok.

Who else just pushes and how good do you think your smiles are?

I do both I think!!

I pat down the acrylic side to side, then push the smile in (to tuck it in, if u know what i mean!!) and a swipe at the end to smooth out!!

I push then swipe......:)

I think my smiles are ok......clients seem to like them.....:rolleyes:.....When I first started out I tried EVERYTHING.....

I think the more you practice the more you find out what "works for you " ....

are we talking L&P...? i use gel and pushing a white bead of gel into place i find makes life so much easier...xx

I do a bit of both lol, as MelissaQ says, you find out what works for you. My smiles are not too extreme, as most clients prefer a more natural curve, but they are smiley enough to be flattering to the nail and hand overall. They are heaps better than they used to be.

pushing it better ...... hands down .... sweeping is to correct pushing technique, so if you can perfect pushing, there's no/very little need to sweep.

I'm a pusher!! Not a swiper. :lol:

Latest posts

Back