My Thoughts...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear All,
Firstly 'Just Jo' it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you and I am so pleased you had fun (albeit the mens loos :rolleyes: )!! It is so exciting when attending a trade show for the first time... I reckoned the other night, that I am now on my 60th trade show (or there abouts) so I guess my enthusiasm for the actual event has wained somewhat; but whilst I am actually there, it is in full throttle!!
I so enjoyed meeting the geeks that said hello - Fab Freak, MichelleMack (spelled wrong), Sara, Glors and Glors Mark, Alex (who is a beautiful geek) Jo, the usual suspects - hmmm many more and if I forgot anyone in particular I am sorry - but THANK YOU for saying HI!!

I sincerely wished that I had met Lesley 'Lell' - she has been such a lovely PM companion over the last few months and I wish I had been able to give her a hug - Sassy Hassy you too, where were you???

These events for me are not about buying but about meeting (you know me - love to talk:Scared: ) - even had time to kiss Antonio and rip him apart about his new hair-cut; well, he ripped me about my boobs :rolleyes: he claims they are bigger - if they are - that's it!!! I am gunna top myself :) - cheers Antony - hope you had a great 2 days!!
To you Layla (ma Chicha Face) - had my Mrs Geek badge on my coat, even at school this morning so I had to expalain what it meant!!! (I do love my Mrs Geek Badge)!!

Life is about many things - loving, learning, listening, sharing - Ruth, Caroline, Dawnie et al (and their off-spring) - they were there ready to give there all (and did) - NOTHING should be ignored or forgotten!!

To you all - THESE WOMEN 'melt ma butter' as Dolly Parton said on 'Steel Magnolias' (one of my faves) - I appreciate each and every one - let's learn, argue, annoy and apprecaite what we can!!

Sorry this is so long - got a little passionate (as does Fiona 'Natural Nails') BUT - her heart IS ALWAYS in the right place!! Right back at ya Fee - xxx

Before I forget - megga congrats on our winners - Liza, Kelly, Caroline, and others - LEST YOU BE FORGOT - see you in Update xxx :hug:

Lol Missy, do you even wear The Badge Of Meeping Geekiness in bed?! :wink2: Did you wear some funky tights at the show?! You better wear some at the next show & I'll wear mine too :Love: Im getting quite a big selection now - I want the PlayBoy Bunny ones that Wolford (sp) do...but at £40-odd, I'll have to save up :rolleyes: :)

I hope everyone had fun at GMex, would have loved to have been there, but I couldnt afford the travel
sadyes.gif

But I shall deffo be at the next one in London *baby* :-D

grouphug.gif

xxlayla aka The Chicha Face!!xx

I am still beaming ... I loved it :)

Just Jo xx

What a lovely thread...

It was lovely to talk to you Samantha your enthusiasum for our industry is so obvious....you had me more hyped up then i have been before....I didn't stop chattering all the way home ..(my poor Dean - :Kissing: I love him for all his support.... he is such a top bloke)

I wish I had meet more Geeks maybe next time....Sassy Hassy were you there I looked for you hun but couldn't find ya...

Ooooh Samantha ... what a beautiful post :hug:
It is great to read such heartfelt thoughts from someone at the top of our industry ... to know that you genuinely enjoy meeting us makes us feel valued.
I only managed a wave from the comp table this time but, I will probably rabbit your head off at the next show.
I too wish I could have met more Geeks.
Afraid for me when Id finished being judged in the comp, there was only one thing on my mind ... FOOD!!!!
Id gone 7 hours by then with the only sniff of chocolate being the lovely Rachel (Ka-Sa-Ra) who is also a great person.
Was great to meet Liza Smith ... would love to have a 1-1 with you ;)
Met my fave boy Marco ...taking pics of the radiators, lmao!!!!
And Marian Newman held my hands :p ... well as I was Ruths model ... she was looking them over, lol!
I managed to get to 3 stands in between the restaurant and the presentation ... t'was that Jacky I met by Creative ... boy can she talk :wink2:
Said 'Hi' to Sam and totally missed my other hero Antonio (am I allowed to call you that?, lol)
Mark wandered around most of the day waiting for me ... causing trouble and asking top techs silly questions to amuse himself.
His tales of the half hour, £150 set of sculpts, had me reeling though.
All in all it was a fun day ... was great to see Faye again, though Layla and Debs .. you were missed. :hug:

Oh what a lovely post, Don't worry Samantha I will make sure I am there on the same day as you next time. I too wore my geek badge and it looked lovely Layla (MANY THANKS), Only way I met Sam was because he spotted the badge and what a nice bloke he is. Would have loved to have met Samantha though she has been such a gem with me (Thank you)xx

I thoroughly enjoyed the day too....exhausted but well worth it :) didn't see a single geek badge...I thought I spotted someone from a profile pic but turned out to be someone totally different :o :lol: ah well she was lovely and we had a good chat anyway :) ...I did get to meet Sam :) just before rushing for my train (anyone who saw a mad woman with pink Creative bags flying through Piccadilly it was me :lol: )...Samantha I caught sight of you but you were surrounded and deep in conversation...I popped back to try catch you but you were gone :sad: so didn't get to say hi sadly...there is always next time :) Well done to all who entered the competitions :biggrin: ...wished I could have stayed overnight so I could do it all again and meet more geeks :biggrin:

Aw shucks, not sure if being Sassy Hassy has made me a little too notorious!! Anyway it was nice to be missed by both Samantha and Louise, and thanks for looking out for me. Sadly I couldn't make it, my visa card has taken somewhat of a hammering lately, and Manchester is a bit far for me.

However I plan on making the Nailympics next year (that's the plan as long as I don't chicken out last minute) at Olympia, so maybe we can catch up then. Don't forget that I have volunteered to man the Geek stand (can't remember if that's Olympia or Excel) if you need me, I'll even wear a Geek costume if you want - always up for a laugh!!!

Sorry I missed you

Hiya, glad u all had a good time, does anyone know when there is another in the midlands(ish)? I couldn't make GMex, although I would have loved to go, will definately be at the next one!

Oh, and what are these Geek badges I keep hearing so much about?

Oh Samantha :hug::hug::hug:
What a lovely post, made my toes curl and brought a tear to my eye.....
I know exactly what you mean, Steel Magnolias is my favorite film and god knows how many times I have watched it..........
It's about friendship, valuing each other for what and who we are......recognizing our strengths and our weaknesses and being able to see each others points of view, true friendships that are tested but come through each test with flying colours......because they all love each other the way only true friends can......

I just wished I had more time to chat more.......... but the time flies and before you know it, it's back to the Awards to find out how everybody did......
So if you saw a mad woman running through Gmex doing the hugg and run thing that was me lol.....
Can't wait for the next one.....

One thing I have to share with you all is a chat I had with a Competitors Mum......A mothers who's daughter, was competing in my category.....
Being a Mum who had a daughter compete last year, I knew how she felt.....you want your baby to win....

Her daughter is a young Nail Technician, who had just like my Faye, a lot of problems health, School and other stuff wise in her young life............
the similarities where scary..........
She beemed with pride talking about her girl and how she has come so far and how proud she is of her..........how hard she had worked to get to where she is today,and she has come a long way !!!!
This girl then won first place in tips and overlays, my god i got so choked because I knew her Mum would be beaming from ear to ear for the next forseeable future and clutching a soggy hanky..........

My thoughts are these it doesn't matter that I got 3rd, my nails deserved it......but it made my day to see a Mum taking her daughter home with a well deserved trophy....... because her nails ROCKED BIG TIME .....
So Elise where ever you are you do some serious kick butt nails xxxx

I so love Steel Magnolias. We watch it so much I think we know all the words. My fave bits are when Sally Field marches down that hospital corrider when Julia Roberts has collapsed: the bit where Ouisa says "I'm not angry I've just been in a bad mood for forty years" (my youngest is always quoting it when she gets pmt): and the bit at the funeral when Olivia Dukakis tells Sally Field to hit Shirley McClean: ..... and I always, always cry!

I would love to live in a close neighbourhood like that, and have such lovely friends ... gues you're right Ruth, nail techs in Geekland are great!

well they looked bigger to me but then again i'm no expert:lol:

you had seriously cool green shoe though, they were ace. still it was nice seeing you and sam again.

infact it was nice to meet all the geeks that came to say hi

xx

antnbuckley said:
well they looked bigger to me but then again i'm no expert:lol:

OK hysterical xxxx - it was the bra Antoine - definitely the bras fault! :hug:

Hiya,

I missed you again Samantha, we are like ships in the night LOL

What a busy show, my feet are aching like mad, it was nice to meet a few fellow Geeks, Fudge, Karen SCV, Fab Freak, Paula (the west yorks one), Sortedcres, Debsidoo. Nice to have a quite chat with GMG and a quick goss with Antony (although it was about 5pm on sunday and he was just grabbing his lunch)

Anyway where were all the other geeks!!!! I didnt see you although i was busy....

Amanda

p.s WELL DONE DENI, YOU KEPT THAT QUIET GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND DENI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR NAILS ARE NOT CRAP, THEY ARE RIGHT NICE LOL

p.p.s Nice to see you again Marian (Mum) glad the train journy wasnt too bad for you lol

I sat down to read this post and iv ended up in bits..:cry: I think this site should be known as "the nail geeks with big hearts":hug: .! Everyone has said such nice things its touch me so much. When i was reading your Post Ruth well i lost it completely....:Scared:

Being a mum of 2 girls i sit and watch them doing nailart and airbrushing and then they beg me to let them use my L & P (which i say no to) i know that in 10 years time (they are 10 & 8)they will be winning places that only can only dream of...i think iv left it too late comming into the industry to put my mark on a winning trophy but to see my girls do it one day would be a dream come true, the passion and knowledge they have involving this industry at such a young age overwhelms me and reading Ruths post hit a nerve.

All i can say is..."I love this Site" :Love:

Vicky x

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Oh Samantha :hug::hug::hug:
What a lovely post, made my toes curl and brought a tear to my eye.....
I know exactly what you mean, Steel Magnolias is my favorite film and god knows how many times I have watched it..........
It's about friendship, valuing each other for what and who we are......recognizing our strengths and our weaknesses and being able to see each others points of view, true friendships that are tested but come through each test with flying colours......because they all love each other the way only true friends can......

I just wished I had more time to chat more.......... but the time flies and before you know it, it's back to the Awards to find out how everybody did......
So if you saw a mad woman running through Gmex doing the hugg and run thing that was me lol.....
Can't wait for the next one.....

One thing I have to share with you all is a chat I had with a Competitors Mum......A mothers who's daughter, was competing in my category.....
Being a Mum who had a daughter compete last year, I knew how she felt.....you want your baby to win....

Her daughter is a young Nail Technician, who had just like my Faye, a lot of problems health, School and other stuff wise in her young life............
the similarities where scary..........
She beemed with pride talking about her girl and how she has come so far and how proud she is of her..........how hard she had worked to get to where she is today,and she has come a long way !!!!
This girl then won first place in tips and overlays, my god i got so choked because I knew her Mum would be beaming from ear to ear for the next forseeable future and clutching a soggy hanky..........

My thoughts are these it doesn't matter that I got 3rd, my nails deserved it......but it made my day to see a Mum taking her daughter home with a well deserved trophy....... because her nails ROCKED BIG TIME .....
So Elise where ever you are you do some serious kick butt nails xxxx

Firstly, congratulations to the winners and a massive well done to everyone who took part in the competitions I only dream of the day that I am good enough to take part.

It was my first time at this type of event full stop and thanks to *Jo* I had the best time ever, fortunately my other half doesn't have access to my credit card statement so doesn't know how much I spent !!!

Mrs Geek and GMG it was an honour :D to finally meet the both of you. And I thoroughly enjoyed talking to you, thank you.

XXXXXX

I too had a great time at the GMEX. It was nice to meet Sam & Sam at last, but unfortunatly didn't see ANY other geeks :sad: ! Also missed the competitions :irked: and got lost several times!! All in all was a great 2 days though - spent loads of money, saw loads of "famous" techs ( hubby says im a stalker ;) LOL im not - im just in awe......:eek: ) and came away feeling very confident, and inspired!!

lily you met me too!!!! i know you probably couldnt remember my name i was the quiet one with karen scv.

i should have made my Presence a little better known lol.

next time i think i may wear a sandwich board so that every knows I AM A GEEK!!!!!! :D

i hid my badge so that probably didnt help!

well i am gutted , me and diesel trotted round for hours and didnt see one fellow geek, not even when sam was demo-ing maybe that was coz they were all at the comp , what we missed :irked: , but it was a great show , i am a bit dissapointed though i didnt spend no where near as much money as i wanted to , i just couldnt get in buying mode !! (think it ws coz hubby was with me :D ) but look forward to next year and to meeting some geeks
ps sam and antony were brilliant :D

pretty&pampered said:
lily you met me too!!!! i know you probably couldnt remember my name i was the quiet one with karen scv.

i should have made my Presence a little better known lol.

next time i think i may wear a sandwich board so that every knows I AM A GEEK!!!!!! :D

i hid my badge so that probably didnt help!
Hiya,

SORRY!!!!!! Yes you were the quiet one, you coulndt get a word in edgeways with Karen LOL

Nice to meet you both

Amanda

Latest posts

Back