My timings!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
Just done an appointment where I had to remove glitter sculpted tips from 3.5 weeks ago then applied forms and sculpted out in clear then pinched each nail then filed them applied two coats shellac then two coats of matt top coat
The first coat of shellac I was plagued with fluff!!!
I had to keep dragging it off finding it removing it and faffing about
It took me 2 hours and 40 mins!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm dissatisfied with this
Ok so my client was ok I made my client a drink we discussed the nails we looked at pictures we chatted we discussed but my timings I don't know how I could have fine quicker
How long would it take you to do the same?

Probably 2 hours or a bit longer ... Don't beat yourself up, glitter tips take a while to soak off

I usually get them all wrapped, go and make tea then come back and start on the first pinky, I'll file it off if necessary lol (it's usually softened quite a bit by then)but then I can be tipping (i don't sculpt) and applying acrylic to that one, while the others continue soaking. Then do the next finger completely, while the others are soaking. I don't wait till all 10 are off. It does speed things along a bit

Fluff can be a pain - a lot of lint free pads are actually NOT lint free are they .... Cut up squares of kitchen roll do a fab job before applying shellac

Hope that helps a bit. I'll never be super quick though, I talk too much lol

Last edited:
I only do Shellac but just to let you know you're not alone as I was shocked at my timings today! I also had so much fluff everywhere it was a nightmare :eek:Client had Shellac with glitter and Spa Manicure with scrub, hot stone hand and arm massage heated mittens etc and it took me nearly 2 hours but she enjoyed it and has booked in for 3 1/2 hours worth of treatments in a couple of weeks.

My salon isn't a nail bar where they're in and out in half an hour and I don't want those types of clients that always rush you and ask you how long it's going to take. I don't think I'll ever be super quick, especially when I'm dopey after doing aromatherapy massages :D

Probably 2 hours or a bit longer ... Don't beat yourself up, glitter tips take a while to soak off

I usually get them all wrapped, go and make tea then come back and start on the first pinky, I'll file it off if necessary lol (it's usually softened quite a bit by then)but then I can be tipping (i don't sculpt) and applying acrylic to that one, while the others continue soaking. Then do the next finger completely, while the others are soaking. I don't wait till all 10 are off. It does speed things along a bit

Fluff can be a pain - a lot of lint free pads are actually NOT lint free are they .... Cut up squares of kitchen roll do a fab job before applying shellac

Hope that helps a bit. I'll never be super quick though, I talk too much lol
I didn't soak off I filed off with hand file

Going to try kitchen roll as no matter what lint free wipes I use they are not!!!

I tried using cut up paper wax strips which I'd heard were good.......well they didn't work for me today, fluff everywhere! It's the bane of my life!

I feel your pain [emoji24] I've just had a similar appointment but just for re shellac. Fluff in my first coat then I got myself in such a fluster the rest of the appointment that I ended up using acetone instead of dsperse at the end! Thank goodness it was someone I know as it took me near on 3 hours!

Sounds like you were just having one of those days, try not to worry or dwell on it.

I didn't soak off I filed off with hand file
I'd clip the free edge off with toe nail clippers then file down the rest and apply forms and resculpt.

Shellac clients should be banned from wearing fluffy jumpers and diving into their handbags for their phone [emoji336]
This would reduce 99% of fluff!
[emoji12]

Latest posts

Back