my tint /toner does not hold ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janelle

Reaction score
i use wella colour touch on coloured blonde hair.
it used to work.
im after a silvery shade.
my hair doesnt behave well when i try other products, it breaks to the point i end up with short hair.
the products i use are fine for my hair but i just cant get that silvery colour to last more than a couple of days.

any ideas please ?

Ask your hair stylist about protein and moisturizing treatments.
We cannot give out advice without actually seeing you hair.

Ask your hair stylist about protein and moisturizing treatments.
We cannot give out advice without actually seeing you hair.

I agree with JDs, your hair is most likely over processed. When color is applied to hair over and over again the cuticle layer becomes swollen and open to the point that it can't hold toner or color. I'm not familiar with wella color touch...but if it's permanent color it should not be used over and over again on previously processed hair.:)

Get some Salon protein treatments...especially if your hair is a fine texture. And find a great Colorist. Good Luck.

Wella colortouch is a semi/demi system. :D

thanks for your replies.

my hairdresser is fully aware that im unhappy with the lack of colour hold for a long time now, i keep having to suggest different things to try like upping the mixture or adding more booster, but none works.

i supply my hairdresser who is mobile with the products.
could you give me any names of protene products so i can look into it.
or does anyone know of another toner to get a silvery finish, that is not too harsh for easily breakable hair ?

Joico Kpak system works fantastic for rebuliding the hair structure from inside out.

Wait..how close to the actual coloring session are you conditioning your hair?
Just before she gets there? 1 day prior? 1 week prior?

What shampoo and conditioner are you using?
What is your routine After the haircolor?

i use wella colour touch on coloured blonde hair.
it used to work.
im after a silvery shade.
my hair doesnt behave well when i try other products, it breaks to the point i end up with short hair.
the products i use are fine for my hair but i just cant get that silvery colour to last more than a couple of days.

any ideas please ?
i normally tone with koleston perfect and if its used with pastel toner it lasts longer x

i also use the pastel toner, then to keep your hair looking fresh, you can use the wella color fresh in between hair appointments,

Wait..how close to the actual coloring session are you conditioning your hair?
Just before she gets there? 1 day prior? 1 week prior?

What shampoo and conditioner are you using?
What is your routine After the haircolor?
i condition one day before, i use vo5 fade defy shampoo and fade defy conditioner and i wash my hair every 2 days.

thanks Blondiel21 and Dales Nails.

i will look into the kolesten pastel toner. i dont want to change my colour product just the toner.

yes i have used colour fresh before, may try it again.

Hi janelle, You do not have any information in your profile , could you please fill it out so we know a bit more about you? Are you a hairstylist?

thanks for your replies.

my hairdresser is fully aware that im unhappy with the lack of colour hold for a long time now, i keep having to suggest different things to try like upping the mixture or adding more booster, but none works.

i supply my hairdresser who is mobile with the products.
could you give me any names of protene products so i can look into it.
or does anyone know of another toner to get a silvery finish, that is not too harsh for easily breakable hair ?

i am sorry please dont take this wrong but why are you supplying the products to your hairdresser????? and why would you be having to make suggestions to a professional????
are you a hairdresser??? perhaps you may need to go to a real salon? just a thought

i am sorry please dont take this wrong but why are you supplying the products to your hairdresser????????

Hi Kailiek,

Over in Europe, there are alot of Mobile hairdressers and nail techs. This is the second time that I have heard of the customer supplying color or products for the hairstylist to use on them.

Over in Europe also, I do believe that Sally's stocks a lot of professional brand name hair colors (not like here in the USA) for the public to buy.

But I agree with you, the stylist should be the one that makes the decision of what color line to use.

Hope that explains a bit more.

its a long story but yeah i do supply and my hairdresser doesnt make any suggestions to remedy my needs so i put my ideas forward hoping to get the results i want.

JDs no im not a hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back