My VERY FIRST L&P French & L&P Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Alrighty, ladies and gents...

My very first L&P Enhancements!!!

On day 2 of my course, she set me right off to sculpting two tone french, without having done L&P clear overlays or anything else. This was the first time I touched L&P.
In other words, while doing a french, I was also learning for the FIRST TIME how to get my beads right and how very fast L&P sets (especially in a warm room) and HOLY COW that stuff sets fast:!:

Please note, the pinkies of the french were NOT done by me. As you can see, her french is 'straightish' and when I brought it up, she said "here in Canada, it's not like in the UK & US, we don't aim for the curve like they do, clients don't like it". (well ummm mine do, but ok.. LOL) Could explain why I haven't seen any others like mine around here abouts :lol:

On day 3, a week later, we soaked off the french and she put me to doing art from the advanced course. She had decided that she would change the course a bit to suit my experience. No complaints here.
She did the client's Right hand (to the left of the picture) and I copied the same on the client's Left hand (to the right of the picture).

We later added a couple of flowers, but I didn't take pics of those yet LOL
IMG_0122Artonehandeach.jpg

I gotta say, doing L&P is much harder in terms of bush control and bead ratios... BUT I LOVE it and can't wait to get better at it!!

Please keep in mind when looking at these pics, I had no practice during the week between these 2 sets as I was busy busy busy... so I don't think I did 'terrible'. Not great either :lol: but not terrible.

Alrighty! Let me have it :green:

very good - you must be so pleased!! I have been doing nails for nearly 2 years and mine were definitely not like that to start with!! well done xx

Thanks! You should have seen my french's BEFORE I filed them down, though.

OMG.... can you say "shovels"? :lol:
ESPECIALLY the right thumb...it was the first one... YIKES... it was all over the place and the smile line? errrrrrmmm non-existent HAHAHAHA
Soaked that puppy off and did it again when I finished the other hand LOL

well done hun , its hard goign from using one product soley for ages then to something different , my gels were awful , lol
they look really good to say you have never played with l&p before xxxx

If that's your first attempt, then it won't be very long at all before you're able to offer l&p to all your clients. Very well done! :) Which glitter powder did you use on the tips?

Great first attempt.. sorry but I'm just dying to rub some solar oil into those cuticles.. I think your pics would look much better if you did:hug:

Well done you!! xxxx

If that's your first attempt, then it won't be very long at all before you're able to offer l&p to all your clients. Very well done! :) Which glitter powder did you use on the tips?

THANKS! In all fairness, files go a long way to fixing some boo-boos ROFL
For the glitter-powders, it was different ones... from EZ Flow's Rainbow collection and Walk of Fame and from others too. All EZ Flow's. The picture really does NOT do the colours justice. They were much prettier to see first hand.

Great first attempt.. sorry but I'm just dying to rub some solar oil into those cuticles.. I think your pics would look much better if you did:hug:

ROFL :lol: the first thing we did when we got into the car for the ride home was dig my cuticle oil out of my purse and rub it in HAHAHAHAHA They didn't have any in class... no idea why.

He He :lol: ... sorry should have known:hug:​

Hey well done to you, they look really gr8, If you had seen the state of my first set of L & P :cry:, I was like OH NO I`m rubbish..

But after a little more patience & practice I can safely give myself a wee pat on the back.

You should be proud, Good luck with the rest of your course.

Love Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

Great job i love the blue one's very nice
you should be very proud of your self
thanks for sharing

THANKS! In all fairness, files go a long way to fixing some boo-boos ROFL
For the glitter-powders, it was different ones... from EZ Flow's Rainbow collection and Walk of Fame and from others too. All EZ Flow's. The picture really does NOT do the colours justice. They were much prettier to see first hand.

ROFL :lol: the first thing we did when we got into the car for the ride home was dig my cuticle oil out of my purse and rub it in HAHAHAHAHA They didn't have any in class... no idea why.[/quote]

We didn't use it when I did my conversion either as they were more interested in application rather than the finished look.
They look really good, you must be pleased. When is your next one? keep us updated x

I'm "kinda/sort-of" pleased... lol
Annoyed with myself with some things, pleased with others. All in all, I think I caught on pretty fast.
The course is now finished, so now I have to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

:lol:

Keep your eyes peeled for more crazy L&P stuff from me :green:

thanks everyone:hug:

Latest posts

Back