My very first Thread on Eyelash Extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshlash

Reaction score
I wanted to bring up a few very good questions by some of the board members on another EE board I belong to and thought it would be a good to share it with all you lashers.

A member's question was
How she can get her fills to look as nice as her full sets
Another questioned
How she can do her fills faster not skimping on preperation
Another wanted if someone can address neater work faster

...and my suggestions were as follows. Please feel free to add to this.

K, I know sometimes when clients come in with lashes that look like they've been through a wind tunnel and trying to make them look "perfect" like the day they left your spa with a brand new set in 45 min seem daunting, but it can be done.

To prime, pad, tape should take no longer than a minute or 2. When you're priming, you're not priming every single lash by isolation. It should be a quick swipe in sections with a microbrush.

To clean, your clients should've come to you already cleaned. If not, lightly clean her lids with mild makeup remover saturated lint free cotton rounds and go over lash line with micro brush. (I use vegan makeup remover from premier lash) This process should only take 2 mins at the VERY most.

To take off "hangies", I "FLIP" her lashes by placing my tweezer lengthwise under her lashes and "flip" them upwards to expose any lashes that have dislodged from the base. I take those off if any.
Should there be ones that are twisting and doing all kinds of acrobatic moves, most likely that particular lash has grown out far enough that it has lost its foundation. (it is top heavy) In this case, I grab the base of where the glue has been adhered to with my left tweezer and with the other grab 3/4 ways out from the base of the bond making sure I have a good tight grip. I give it a slight wiggle in opposite direction of each tweezer taking extreme care not to pull or damage the natural lash to break the bond. The extension lash should just slide right off of the natural lash.
(I use remover saturated microbrush in rare occassions in which the above technique does not break the bond)
*The over growth of the natural lash in most cases cause the twisties and hence places stress on the natural lash by the top heaviness and twisting and turning. This not only looks bad, but can do some serious damage to their natural lashes. So is the reason for my mandatory 2-3 week fill (*depending on each client's lash growth. everyone's lashes grow in different speed. Every lash on one person may have varying speed and directions in the way they grow.*))
If your clients are coming in 2-3 weeks,(more in the 2 week period if they are on lash growth regemine such as latisse and etc) this process should take no more than 2-3 minutes since you shouldn't find many that you need to replace.

There shouldn't be any glue blobs to work with if your full set didn't have any. Glue blobs happen when too much glue has been picked up and has not been addressed before applying it on to the natural lash. "Blobs/beading" can be prevented by dipping your extension lash into the glue and dragging it out. (depending on the glue you are using. This dip and drag technique may not work. ie:those using the zip zap instant dry glue.) The glue you pick up on your extension lash should seem like it is disappearing when it comes in contact with the natural lash. Smooth, even distribution from base to tip.
What I call "Tipi-effect"(when the neighboring natural lash has merged into the extended lash or commonly called "stickies" can be prevented by not letting go of your tweezer that holds the isolation till you feel confident that that lash has been sufficiently dried. ("baby sitting" till your glue dries) if you feel like you are "baby sitting" her lashes for too long, you should look into faster drying glue. **Please get some practice in with your new glue before trying it out on your client.**

It should be smooth sailing from this point and shouldn't take too long to "lash the ones that are begging for more!!!"

Above opinions and suggestions are of my OWN to share in hopes to help others.

Happy Lashing~~~:Love:

Last edited:
Don't have anything much to add to that posh. Think you've covered it all pretty well!

The only thing I do at infills is brush through the lashes at the start using a bit more pressure than I would during application.

This often release the "hangers on" and get rids of loose lashes.

I must admit i still spend ages on the fills, mainly removing outgrown or loose lashes. At the moment I start my infill time from when i start lashing. I really must speed up the prep stage.
That's for sharing your tips poshlash xxx

Some great tips there cheers poshlash !!! xx

Great post! Thank you muchly Poshlash! :) Just goes to show there's always new tips n tricks to be learnt no matter how long you've been doing something! I love this site!! :) x

Should there be ones that are twisting and doing all kinds of acrobatic moves, most likely that particular lash has grown out far enough that it has lost its foundation. (it is top heavy) In this case, I grab the base of where the glue has been adhered to with my left tweezer and with the other grab 3/4 ways out from the base of the bond making sure I have a good tight grip. I give it a slight wiggle in opposite direction of each tweezer taking extreme care not to pull or damage the natural lash to break the bond. The extension lash should just slide right off of the natural lash.
(I use remover saturated microbrush in rare occassions in which the above technique does not break the bond)

Happy Lashing~~~:Love:

Give a slight wiggle in the other direction.

When I first read your post this particular part intrigued me. I tried it today and it worked a treat. I actually did this mid fill. Before I started filling I used micro brushes and remover to remove a few lashes and it took forever compared to your "wiggle technique". :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hey LeeAnn, I'm so happy you tried my technique and it worked for you! I will try to post more stuff soon and hope you try them out too if you already haven't.

As always,...
Happy Lashing~~~!:D

hey posh

thats a fab post and will be really helpful to lots of techs on here! welcome to salongeek btw
x

Thank you for your warm welcome.:green:

Latest posts

Back