My very own place!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
Well, as you all may know I have been looking at a shop recently, so here's the update.

I took my Mum down to see it this evening and basically she thinks it is a fantastic idea. There is room for a massage table, a Sunbed, a comfortable seating area, and most importantly........ a nail bar! :)

We have decided that providing I sit down and do all the calculations :study: as to how much money I need to make to break even, then I should go ahead with it! :D :D :D :thumbsup:

This is a huge move for me. I am very excited! I can't believe I am 21 and I am going to have my own Salon. :shock:

I will be opening in the New Year, which means I have a nice amount of time to plan things :). The parking is good, the position of the shop is excellent and the size is perfect for a place to start. :thumbsup:

So now, coming back down to earth, :grab: I need all the advice and help you guys can give me on licenses etc. I will discuss promotions later, but first I just want to make sure I have taken everything into consideration before I enter this. :study:

I know that I need to cover everything so that I don't have any problems in the future. So all the Do's and Don't Do's that you have learnt through your time in the industry would be a great help! :D

I know that it will be hard, and that I won't get a holiday next year and that I will have to work 7 days a week and some late nights :morn: but I am willing to do it. 8) I just need a bit of guidance! :D

Anyone??????? :)

Ruth did an amazing (long) post sometime ago that was practically a blueprint for opening a salon.

Search for it and it will answer most all of your questions.

I searched for it through all 54 pages of her posts, and I can't find it! :oops: Does anybody have the link?

I have printed off nearly everything that might help me, but I am still puzzled as to who I need to contact about what. :oops:

Hope this helps, on the general message board underneath your post there is one from SUNsation'NAILS a problem client - click on the ladies name and then on the 'find all posts'. go to page 2 - the 11th one down - got a shop help! click on it and there are quite a few bits of good info that may help. if not then if the one from our Ruth comes up l will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back