My website if you fancy a nosy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do some lovely work, Louise, & as for the lashes....omgosh...i need those :green:

Positive criticism time, :hug:
i suppose I'll be talking to Ruth here (Hi Ruth)

I found the galleries were slow to load, & also the pages generally, e.g: when you click on a section, at first all is white with black text, then the pink jumps in just after.

I had to wait a little while for the gallery pics, & tbh, as a potential client, I might get impatient & move on.

& the other thing,
the changing picture in the top right of the homepage puts me off! lol
It really pulls my eye away from the interesting text I was reading.

Love the content though, you do fabulous work. :hug:

Positive criticism time, :hug:
i suppose I'll be talking to Ruth here (Hi Ruth)

I found the galleries were slow to load, & also the pages generally, e.g: when you click on a section, at first all is white with black text, then the pink jumps in just after.

I had to wait a little while for the gallery pics, & tbh, as a potential client, I might get impatient & move on.

& the other thing,
the changing picture in the top right of the homepage puts me off! lol
It really pulls my eye away from the interesting text I was reading.

Love the content though, you do fabulous work. :hug:

The load speed issue should hopefully be resolved in due course; at the moment, I host from a server in my home office, which is limited by the speed of my broadband. Which is OK for most pages, but, like you've said, could pose an issue for a bandwidth-hungry page like an image gallery with say 50 or 60 images on.

I have plans to buy a new server within the next month or so, which will instead reside in a data centre in Wolverhampton, with a much faster internet connection.

There are also some optimisations which I will be making to the underlying code that runs on my server too, which should speed things up even more.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guessed this is the case, like I said, a message to notify that Java is required could be good, but I suspect there are not many paranoid surfers out there, so most visitors will have Java enabled anyway .....:lol:

I'll have to check and see if the "noscript" tag is supported in XHTML and add something suitable later if so...
Posted via Mobile Device

Great web site Lou, well done to Ruth, its easy to navigate very informative, I did find it took ages for the gallery pictures to load but then again there is a lot of them.

Great web site Lou, well done to Ruth, its easy to navigate very informative, I did find it took ages for the gallery pictures to load but then again there is a lot of them.

All the more reason to upgrade to the new server asap then!

Also will have another look at the code that resizes the images, to see if I can strip out the EXIF data to save bandwidth... should be possible :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Love the website. very fresh and inviting x

Hi Louise

Just being having a nosey at your website, its fab!!! Very easy to navigate, very informative and some lovely pics on there. Also i didnt find it slow to load x:)x

Fab site Louise! Easy to navigate, informative and excellent nail gallery. Something for everyone from all the services you offer. I hope it brings in even more customers and students for you! :)

Well done to Ruth also for doing such a great job! x:)

I did find it a wee bit slow on loading the pages but that is most likely down to my pc being asleep!

Great looking website, easy to navigate. Well done!

It looks great - there's lots to read but then again you do lots - hehe - I don't know how you do it.
Hope it brings more business for you :)

It looks great - there's lots to read but then again you do lots - hehe - I don't know how you do it.
Hope it brings more business for you :)

I do lots more than what is written there but didn't dare ask for everything to be put on there as it would have turned into a marathon lol,

thank you everyone for your kind comments and input, i am really grateful,

and yes all the technical things please direct to Ruth as you all just lose me :lol: i will stick to what i know i can do lol

I do lots more than what is written there but didn't dare ask for everything to be put on there as it would have turned into a marathon lol,

thank you everyone for your kind comments and input, i am really grateful,

and yes all the technical things please direct to Ruth as you all just lose me :lol: i will stick to what i know i can do lol

LOL, thanks Lou :)

Maybe there's scope for future enhancements?

All the techie things I mentioned earlier I'm probably going to have to push back to Sunday now, unfortunately; have had another busy day in work and a few other things needed sorting out too... then I am away at my niece's wedding on Saturday, so no geeking then lol...

No worries Ruth, when ever is fine by me, it is there and running so it is doing what it should be for now,
the other bits (the techie stuff) do when ever you like,
you enjoy the weekend and your nieces wedding :hug:

It's lovely Lou, Ruth's done a great job for you. x

I thought it was great....love your galleries.

I like how you have divided your pages into WOMEN and MEN...that is a nice touch.

Well done Lou...and well done Ruth xxxx

I thought it was great....love your galleries.

I like how you have divided your pages into WOMEN and MEN...that is a nice touch.

Well done Lou...and well done Ruth xxxx

That was Lou's idea - makes sense though; wonder if one day I will change the background colour of that page to be a nice masculine blue instead of the girly pink on the rest of the site?

All the treatments are in a database anyway, meaning that Lou can log on and update them at will; changing prices, moving things around, adding new treatments, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was Lou's idea - makes sense though; wonder if one day I will change the background colour of that page to be a nice masculine blue instead of the girly pink on the rest of the site?

All the treatments are in a database anyway, meaning that Lou can log on and update them at will; changing prices, moving things around, adding new treatments, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now what a good idea Ruth, feel free hun blue is fine by me :hug:

Now what a good idea Ruth, feel free hun blue is fine by me :hug:

When I get a spare moment, I will :)

Am in the office on Sunday now working overtime - so much for doing those other tweaks on Sunday!
Posted via Mobile Device

What a fab site Lou, well done Ruth for doing such a fab job. xxxx

Latest posts

Back