My website if you fancy a nosy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubylou

Reaction score
I know you are all probably sick to the back teeth of looking at geeks websites,
well tough :lol:
mine is 99% finished, there is going to be a feed back page added at a later date for clients and trainees to have their two penneth worth should they want,

Ruth Mills has slaved over this for me and made lots of little changes that i have asked for (she is a super star)
so if you would be kind enough to have a little looksie and let me know what you think i would be very grateful :hug:

www.essentialbeauty.org.uk

Really lovely site, easy to get around, fab content, looks great. You must be pleased.

Claire x

hi

thats really good. i love it when fellow geeks put a link to their website.

Its good to be able to see how other people set up there website and has given me ideas for mines

Love it! Bet your so proud :) x

Thanks all,
yes i am very proud,
but even more proud to be able to say it was a geek buddy that made it for me :hug:

Great site, loved looking at the nail pics - some lovely work there! :hug:

Fab site lots to look at and some fab pics well done :)

I've a web version of the logo if its any use to you?.....

Awwww it keeps going blank for me !

looks fab hun , ruths done a fab job xxxx

very nice, easy navi and great photos. wonderful site!!

guess i better work on one too...rofl...i have no clue how to do it though...

kristi

I will ask Ruth, i wouldn't know what to do with it hun :lol:

Might well be; Lou sent me a photograph of the logo on one of the doors of her salon, which I imported to Paint Shop Pro and played around with :)

Awwww it keeps going blank for me !

Blank? As in not displaying properly? What web browser are you using? Should display OK in IE6 and upwards, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, although there's a minor layout issue on the Contact Form page on Firefox, Chrome and Opera that I will need to fix tonight (The contact form itself gets moved towards the bottom of the page owing to a "CSS float" issue that needs looking at - which ironically works OK in IE7).

Wicked website Lou. You must be chuffed to bits.

Not only is it easy to navigate, it's attractive, pleasing to the eye, the gallery photos are great and it covers just about everything!

:hug:'s to you and Ruth for putting it all together xx

The site looks really good, lots of information.

I have Java blocked and allow if I think the site can be trusted.
Most people have Java, but without it some images are placed in the wrong place on your site, over the navigation bar on the left and the map is not displayed.

A message, 'Java must be enabled to view this site', displayed when Java is off? One for you, Ruth I believe?

As I say, most people have Java enabled though.

Most people have Java, but without it some images are placed in the wrong place on your site, over the navigation bar on the left and the map is not displayed.

A message, 'Java must be enabled to view this site', displayed when Java is off? One for you, Ruth I believe?

I think you mean Javascript rather than Java.

Javascript is a scripting language which runs within the web browser; it is used on Lou's site to do things like image slide shows, image rollovers (e.g. when you hover over a navigation link, the colour changes), and is also heavily used by Google Maps (which is why the map will not display without it).

It is different to Java (which is not required or used on the browser on Lou's site); some websites use Java embedded into web pages as an "applet".

So saying, much Java is being used on my web server, for things like pulling content out of databases and whatnot - but what gets delivered to the web browser is just XHTML, CSS, images and a few Javascript files...
Posted via Mobile Device

I will take a look at the image placement issue later though. Most likely, some additional CSS is being applied to the images by JQuery when they are displayed in the slideshow (which changes the position of them); what I would need to do is to make sure that the "default" CSS (without the Javascript) puts the images in a sensible place...
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately there is no way of getting the map working without Javascript enabled though, as the underlying Google code will not work without it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately there is no way of getting the map working without Javascript enabled though, as the underlying Google code will not work without it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guessed this is the case, like I said, a message to notify that Java is required could be good, but I suspect there are not many paranoid surfers out there, so most visitors will have Java enabled anyway .....:lol:

Latest posts

Back