My website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi all, right I have been thinking about asking for comments on my website for a few months now but am a little bit nervous in case everyone thinks it's awful! To me, it doesn't look like other tanning sites I have looked at which I am happy with but do you think it needs 'jazzing' up a bit? Is the content ok? First impressions?

Any comments good or bad will be welcomed....I think!! Ha ha! Thanks

www.loveyourtan.co.uk

Hi didn't want to read n run... I think your site looks very professional... The only thing is on the welcome page the mobile number didn't appear fully.. Maybe the colour of font a little pale?
Can't comment on facts as I'm not a tanner .. Yet x

Hi.. I just took a look at your site... I really like it! It doesn't look a lot like other tanning sites, like you said but I think it looks great! The FAQ page is great too, very informal and looks professional :) well done

Firstly, I love the design! It looks so chic... Usually, IMO, spray tanning websites seem to look quite gaudy.

Personally I'd change the page titles to "Love Your Tan | Mobile Spray Tanning in .... (list of main locations)" - for SEO.

On your homepage, I can't quite see some of the telephone due to the beginning being the same colour as the page gradient.

I looove the spry collapsible panels on the FAQ page and the menu bar

I personally feel that the testimonials should have a menu bar tab of its own, and the "contact" tab should point to a contact form or something.

Looking great! Thanks for posting it x

I think it's fab! Again I noticed the number and also the text on the homepage is like split between two colour backgrounds which for me I don't know about anyone else but it's hard to read that line so maybe shift it up or down so it's neat and it will be perfect! Zxx

It's fine for me on my laptop and tablet, but on my phone the text is over the two background colours.

Have you thought about a simple version for viewing on mobiles?

On your home page you have written -
Using Nouvatan tanning solution which is available to professionals only. I will leave you with natural looking results and no orange in sight.

-I think you it would read better if you used a comma rather than .I

For some reason I can only see the home page and no other buttons or links to anything else so cant comment on those. even so, nice page and well done.

Wow I think it looks amazing and classy (extremely different to other tanning sites).

I am really interested in this topic because I think my site went live today ! Ahhhh
I feel embarrassed to tell people because my writting and grammar is awful !
Let me know what you think ... www.thebeautyhousesurrey.co.uk

Well done on your site :)

Really nice Very professional and informative x
Id book a tan from the site if i lived nearer xx Congrats x

Wow I think it looks amazing and classy (extremely different to other tanning sites).

I am really interested in this topic because I think my site went live today ! Ahhhh

Hi really liked your site X Will have to book in for some treatments asap x Need facials and waxing :)
Well done it looks good

I found it very easy to read, all the pages work when clicked on, I love the colour combo and how informative your site is. You've thought of everything! I'm going to book mark your web site to show to my hubby. Don't worry I won't copy, but I do want him to see a classy site with all the bits on it so he can design me one that has everything on it too.
Did you do this yourself or did someone do it for you?

Hi Tanya,

Really like your site, like the colours, no issues reading the mobile number so not sure if you've resolved that earlier. Very informative.

Only 2 hugely minor points : on the home page the last 2 words on the last para "tan today" fall right in the middle of where your 2 colours change. You can still read it but spoils it a touch. Second point is on your About Us page, again, not significant but you open with speech marks but they don't close anywhere (anal, I know!!).

Only other bit of observation is I wonder whether it's worth putting the map on your Contact Us page as well as the Home page incase people skip around and don't catch it on the picture rotation on the home page, iykwim!

Well done, love it
x

Hi really liked your site X Will have to book in for some treatments asap x Need facials and waxing :)
Well done it looks good

Thanks :) do give me a ring, it's hard doing treatments in your self :)

Firstly, I love the design! It looks so chic... Usually, IMO, spray tanning websites seem to look quite gaudy.

Personally I'd change the page titles to "Love Your Tan | Mobile Spray Tanning in .... (list of main locations)" - for SEO.

On your homepage, I can't quite see some of the telephone due to the beginning being the same colour as the page gradient.

I looove the spry collapsible panels on the FAQ page and the menu bar

I personally feel that the testimonials should have a menu bar tab of its own, and the "contact" tab should point to a contact form or something.

Looking great! Thanks for posting it x

Thank you so much for your comments. I have had the telephone number changed now so should be able to see it properly on mobile phones. I am also asking for the Testimonials age to have it's own tab as I really want to build on this and want it to be noticeable to people visiting my website. The contacts tab does point to a contact page but you have to click on it - this should hopefully work better when testimonials isn't linked to it aswell.

Thank you again, much appreciated x

It's fine for me on my laptop and tablet, but on my phone the text is over the two background colours.

Have you thought about a simple version for viewing on mobiles?

I have thought about it a little, but dont know how to go about it. May speak to my friend who designed the site about it at a later date (I hassle him with it too much as it is!!) Would be helpful though, maybe just to have contact details, FAQ's and prep & aftercare info. Definitely something to think about - thanks x

On your home page you have written -
Using Nouvatan tanning solution which is available to professionals only. I will leave you with natural looking results and no orange in sight.

-I think you it would read better if you used a comma rather than .I

Yep, exactly right thats my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. It's little things like that which bug me!

I found it very easy to read, all the pages work when clicked on, I love the colour combo and how informative your site is. You've thought of everything! I'm going to book mark your web site to show to my hubby. Don't worry I won't copy, but I do want him to see a classy site with all the bits on it so he can design me one that has everything on it too.
Did you do this yourself or did someone do it for you?

Thank you, thats such a compliment. No I didnt do it myself, I provided the content and my friend put it all together for me (thats his business!). If anyone wants his contact details at all just pm me, I'm sure he wont mind. x

Hi Tanya,

Really like your site, like the colours, no issues reading the mobile number so not sure if you've resolved that earlier. Very informative.

Only 2 hugely minor points : on the home page the last 2 words on the last para "tan today" fall right in the middle of where your 2 colours change. You can still read it but spoils it a touch. Second point is on your About Us page, again, not significant but you open with speech marks but they don't close anywhere (anal, I know!!).

Only other bit of observation is I wonder whether it's worth putting the map on your Contact Us page as well as the Home page incase people skip around and don't catch it on the picture rotation on the home page, iykwim!

Well done, love it
x

Again, thank you for your comments. Very helpful. Agree with everything. This is why it is helpful to get feedback from others who are not involved as you often see things which I dont. I am gong to get those amendments made as now you have pointed them out, they bother me too!! :wink2:

Do you think the map would be better on the 'Contact Us' page than the picture of the girl?

Last edited:

Wow, LOVE your site. Looks so professional and classy. I would definitely come to you even just from glancing at your page. Really well done x

Latest posts

Back