my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
Hi there, it looks great, really easy to follow, however you dont say the area in which you are based and where you will travel to. Also I think your waxing prices are too cheap. I charge £5 for eyebrow/lip/chin. £10 for half leg and £18.50 for full leg. Your a mobile service you need to earn your money! Hope this helps you.

Great start - well done.

A few things I would change, I am not so sure about all the typing you have in capitals, I just think that typing in lower case may look more approachable.

You mention too about file and paint, I would change it to file and polish as I just think it sounds more professional and nicer.

I think your prices are perhaps a little cheap too.

its looks lovely but agree with everyone hun , you need to put where you are based and where you will travel to etc..
and your prices are very cheap , put them up :green:, i used to be the same but am doing a lot better now i have increased my prices , sometimes being too cheap puts people off
what area of leeds are you in hun ?

Hi Carla.

Iv had a look and I think its a great website, welldone.

I have to agree with everything that the other geeks have said so far.

Also in your pedicure section you have put the word envigorating, but I think invigorating is a better word .
I think your wedding packages are way way way too cheap, especially packages 2 and 3.
I personally feel that your prices are too cheap hun.
Its hard work doing weddings,so should be priced accordingly. Why work for nowt?

Overall though Carla I think it looks very professional .

Well done and good luck .

:hug::hug: Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My word your prices are cheap. Have you done research to see what your competition charges? IMO you are seriously underselling yourself. I know your overheads are low being mobile, but you need to establish what you are happy to make in an hour and base your prices around that, taking into account product cost, insurance cost, travelling costs, tax and national insurance ect ect.

I agree with all comments above, and there are a few bits i would change. Your descriptions of your treatments are great, but you've used the word "then" a lot. for e.g. DELUXE MANICURE £9.00 ALLOW 40 MINUTES
WE BEGIN THIS LUXURY TREATMENT WITH A HAND SOAK, THEN YOU GET YOUR NAILS SHAPED AND FULL CUTICLE TREATMENT. THEN A LUXURIOUS EXFOLIATION IS DONE FOLLOWED BY AN ANTI AGEING HAND MASK. YOU WILL THEN RECEIVE A HAND AND ARM MASSAGE AND YOUR NAILS PAINTING IN THE COLOUR OF YOUR CHOICE.

You may want to reword it slightly to avoid the repetition, for e.g. "We begin this luxury treatment with a hand soak, followed by nail shaping and full cuticle treatment. You will then receive a luxurious exfoliation and and an anti-ageing hand mask. Your treatment is completed with a hand and arm massage and nail polish in the colour of your choice."

Couple of spelling mistakes but overall a lovely website - well done!

just one more thing hun , how long have you been doing nails ? i am only asking because your deluxe mani is similar to a spa mani and that takes me an hour , my regular mani takes 40 mins , if you advertise it as a spa treatment then they take longer , clients think they are getting a lot of pampering (which they are of course :green:) which you can charge accordingly , hth
just a thought , please dont think i am criticising :hug:

Love the colours of your website...very pretty..xxxxxx

but don't you think music would be a nice addition...??? :lol::lol::lol:

I do agree with everyone else opinions.The whole thing looks great on 1 part though your font colour turns a very pale purple which is fine but some people may find it hard to see {just a thought}.
Other wise great well done
Good luck in it all xx

why is your biz called chic beauty but your website called creative fairy? not being critical hun, just curious! I like the website it looks very pretty :) xx

oh and one more thing, I'd maybe talk about more about the brands you use, also I'm loving the tunes! Very relaxing!

Thank you all for your comments.

the site has got music on lol, but you have to click to turn it on.

i've been doing mobile on for about two years but havn't put my whole into it as I had my second baby and have been focusing on opening a salon

its called creativefairy as i bought the web space to sell my hand made cards and that is the name of that business but with the kids and beauty i didn't have time so to save i just used that domain address. but will be paying for a new name for my salon.

as for prices i know there super cheap but my salon ones aren't (i actually worked them out correctly thanks to this great site) i just really wanted your opinions to help me design my new one. fingers crossed.

thank you all again.

Looks great! and loads super fast! I hate it when you have to wait ages for images to load. Well done!

Latest posts

Back