my whole toenail has come off....dont look if you're squeamish please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ems glad you went to get it sorted the pics are gross lol Puts me off having overlays on my toes right now lmao:hug:

emmsy you are so brave :hug:

and wow what a great photographer, on the moment shots fantastic . :lol:

i must admit i did do the hand over eyes job when i clicked your links wasn't sure what to expect.
lucy x

aaawwww Ems, glad you went to the hosp. Maybe you and my daughter could sit down and have a chat about how to go about breaking toes and feet, and how to make sure you do the job of properly.:lol::hug::hug:

emmsy you are so brave :hug:

and wow what a great photographer, on the moment shots fantastic . :lol:

i must admit i did do the hand over eyes job when i clicked your links wasn't sure what to expect.
lucy x

Me too!!!!

Looks like it really hurt!!! Hope your feeling better now.

Thought for the day.....would this have happened if there were no l/p overlay on the toe nail? Was the l/p unable to absorb the shock or was the toe nail simply a tad long? Or was it just one of those things?

Who knows! But I think it's a question worth asking for technicians who use l/p for toe nail overlays.....it could be you lol!:hug:

Glad you got it sorted Emms...but will you be wearing l/p overlays on yr toes after this?

Toes are too prone to this kind of damage with acrylic on them ...... i'd never do it.
The pics are interesting, yet gross at the same time, thanks for sharing them ..... and the warning.

This kind of damage is one of the reasons MMA was banned for fingernails.
All nails, be it fingernail/toenail should have a degree of flexibility in them, with toenails being quite short in length, applying acrylic makes them quite rigid (hence the damage).

I feel for you, I can imagine the throbbing, keep it above the level of your heart, this will help with the pain.

AND FOR GODS SAKE SHORTEN THE REST OF THEM.

Not got anything to add by way of advice, but wanted to add a :hug:! That looks seriously painful...... Take care lovey.....

Just wanted to send you hugs, ouch, very painful........... :hug: :hug:

Just.wanted.to.add.
please.dont.let.these.pictures.put.anybody.off.having.any.products.applied.to.toe.nails..

remember.
I.didnt.accidently.tap.my.toe.on.the.bed.to.cause.this.damage...
It.was.entirely.my.own.fault.

I.got.in.a.mood.as.i.couldnt.get.the.drawer.in.,the.bed.base.open..I.was.in.a.mood.anyway.
as.i.couldnt.find.a.top.to.wear..
so.in.a.tantrum.I.,stood.up.And.kicked.the.bed.full.force
.with.bare.feet.in.a.temper.

and.i.really.didnt.think.my.toenails.were.long.lmao.
but..as.i.said.this.wouldnt.have.happend.had.i.not.purposely.took.my.bad.mood.out.on.the.bed
lol

its.just.like.with.fingernails.if.you.have,enhancements.on..treat.them.carefully..i.didnt.do.this
with.my.feet.unfortunatly.and.now.im.paying.the.price.:cry:

(sorry.for.the.full.stops,space,bar,broke.lol)

The length and your temper are the cause here ... lol. They ARE too long and I agree with Classy Claws that toe nails should never be longer than the end of the toe!!

I have worn L&P overlays on my big toenails only for about 20 years now and never had a problem - unless they have gotten too long in which case I have occasionally had a sore toenail from the pressure against the end of my shoes.

You can make overlays on toes ever so thin as really they do not take half the 'stick' that your fingernails do. Feet are pretty protected by and large from most things that are everyday pressures for fingernails. I wouldn't have the slightest hesitation in doing overlays on toes but the length is very important.

I had to peek under the bandage to see how it was doing ...I just had to !

It isnt too sore now, I can walk normal ,just feels a little numb sometimes,
and if anything touches the top it burns slightly ..but ovbiously I avoid having it touched lmao

Attachments

• Copy of STA40300.JPG
    Copy of STA40300.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,988
Its coming on....bless

I had to warn one of my clients today....she has gel overlays on and although they are thin she has had them on for ages now and her toe nails are soooo long. I told her that she could do some damage to them being that long and to book in and have them done...she said...ohh no they will last a good couple of weeks yet...i explained its nothing to do with them lasting its the safety aspect but she she just didn't want to know.

why don't they listen.....its her choice, i ain't her babysitter....i've told her...my conscience is clear.

if a dentist says don't bite anything hard with that tooth or it will break....do you think they listen then...??

I had to peek ...I just had to !

It isnt too sore now, I can walk normal ,just feels a little numb sometimes,
and if anything touches the top it burns slightly ..but ovbiously I avoid having it touched lmao

Good grief that looks sore!! I didn't get the courage to look at the originals but I hope that gets better soon :hug::hug::hug:

Min, you really don't want to look at the originals!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

:hug::hug::hug: for Emmsy!

awww thanks xxxxx

no I wouldnt look at the originals if you are even the teeniest bit squeamish...
not even a peek out of curiosity,
even my best friend had to go away from her pc to have a ciggie and get the image out of her head lol..she did ask to see the pics, and i did warn her ...but no..she had to look anyway lol

I didnt put this pic in a link as its only really a bruise now
but for some reason my toe looks really long ...I hope im not permantly
deformed now !
could a broken bone make your toe longer ?
it looks slimmer too, ive got fat feet lol... but i think thats probably only where the bandage has been.

anyway its all bandaged back up now. and its staying that way too lol
for at least a year and a half !!!!

god my cuticles are dry, I'll have to solar oil them ...

Ouch!
I have lost toenails before, as I am a runner.
Try to let it breathe, it will become less sore to the touch, and eventually a new nail will grow back.

How strange is that - i went to a clients house last night and she had done the exact same thing with her big toe.

I've read through the whole thread and luckily the advice i gave was right!

Not as nasty as yours though emma, I hope it feels better today xx:hug:

:cry: Good god girl !!!
you dont do things by halfs do you ?? Get off to get it sorted i lost my big toe nail and it grew back but mutated thicker lol But at least i have one :)

Just thought I'd update this for anyone who is interested in my nails progress lol :green:

these pics were taken end of september ish

before ...(its growing yayyyy)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/STA40719.jpg
(my toe isnt really bent,...its just the way it is on the couch)

and next is the after pic
I made a new toenail, from l+p using a form wrapped around a c curve stick, then shaped the new nail,...applied using resin..and painted ! voila lol
(I made spares too just incase one went missing ...as they do ! :green:)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/DSC00366.jpg

my nail has since grown a little bit more, and is getting thicker too.
yay thankgod for that !

wow! i didn't see this thread originally but just seen ur update! looks really good!!

my bfs got toe trouble - something fell on it and he had to go at A&E and have a needle put through the whole nail to release the blood underneath!! over a month later it really looks like he's going to lose it and dunno if it will grow back!!!

THAT NEW TOENAIL LOOKS GREAT! Talk about a makeover!!!

Latest posts

Back