My winning nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what l&p system did you use? those are sculpts, right? the smiles lines are perfect! how do you get them so clean?

thanks

They are really really beautiful Ruth, well done.

One day i will be able to create nails as fantastic looking as them -I hope!!

keep up the fantabulous work!!!!!!

Love michelle (on the not so sunny isle of wight today!!!)

Hiya Stevenson_S,
I'm sure Ruth will be more specific but I know that her fantastic nails were done using the Fabric# system and that she used tips [dunno which ones though]..... over to you Ruth - do tell us more!!

Cheers
Carol

stevenson_s said:
what l&p system did you use? those are sculpts, right? the smiles lines are perfect! how do you get them so clean?

thanks
No Hun, they are Fabric# system nails, Silk and resin system..........
Pre-blended white tip and pinched to get a great c-curve.............

But I am cuffed that you think it is L&P...................
Because Fabric# as in fibreglass and silk is still so under rated.............

Thanks to all those great posts...................Still floating............. I love ya all !!!!!!

well done they look sooooo great shame I didnt get to meet you at olympia. Think I just missed you after the comp, came up to look for you all but it was hard not knowing what everyone looked like though lol. Big congrats hun looks like you deserve it!!! :green: :biggrin:

well babe
what can i say!?
what did u say to me last year when i told u that u could win ???
me? u said! don't think so!
well... for once i proved u wrong!
i am soooo pleased for you, u have worked tirelessly towards perfecting your technique, & you are an inspiration to all those doughting thomases out there that don't think that they can do it.
it has been a personal crusade of mine to get the compitition circuit back to full stength again.
it is a great way to take yourself to the next level of skill.
you have taken my challenge & run with it, encouraging dawnie & caroline to go for it aswell.
thanx to u 3 there is now a fibreglass category, so all u fibre glass tech's out there, go for it & get in on the act, it won't happen over night, but u just watch your technique improve every time u compete, & eventually u could find yourselves in ruth's place accepting a trophy in front of 150 people!
once again, ruth, i couldn't wish it on a more deserving person
WELL DONE!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
liza xxx

liza smith said:
well babe
what can i say!?
what did u say to me last year when i told u that u could win ???
me? u said! don't think so!
well... for once i proved u wrong!
i am soooo pleased for you, u have worked tirelessly towards perfecting your technique, & you are an inspiration to all those doughting thomases out there that don't think that they can do it.
it has been a personal crusade of mine to get the compitition circuit back to full stength again.
it is a great way to take yourself to the next level of skill.
you have taken my challenge & run with it, encouraging dawnie & caroline to go for it aswell.
thanx to u 3 there is now a fibreglass category, so all u fibre glass tech's out there, go for it & get in on the act, it won't happen over night, but u just watch your technique improve every time u compete, & eventually u could find yourselves in ruth's place accepting a trophy in front of 150 people!
once again, ruth, i couldn't wish it on a more deserving person
WELL DONE!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
liza xxx
Dont' ya just love a smart cookie......and you know I love ya, couldn't wish for a better inspirational person to push me towards goals I only dreamed of......
Well your crusade is paying off .........
I am hooked and so are the others lol..........Bless Caroline and Dawnie, Fibreglass is back on the menu at Comps now!!!!!!

Liza is right, it is blinking hard work, but so worth it..............
You look at your nails in a different light...........You see things you havn't seen before, you become a far better salon Tech, you also become very inventive, you find techniques that you didn't know existed...........
Just think this time last year I thought me compete, you have to be kidding, No way am I ready for this..............
Well 6 months down the line and thats not very long, I have achieved things I didn't know I was able to do.......
Placed 3rd in Novice Category at Excel September 2003, then 5th in major Comp at Manchester 2003 and now 1st at Olympia 2004........
So like Liza said never say never, take the Fibreglass by the scruf of the backing paper and go for it............
Well you might not do as well as you would like, but it gives you a starting point and you take the criticism and turn it into a Fab result!!!!
And hey with a system like Fabric# who could possibly not win in the end!!!!!!!

Have to agree with ruth never thought i could do a competition in a million years 'me' no way am i good enough for that but with some hard work and a GREAT teacher i did do it and will be going back for more lol

It is alot of hard work but fun too and you get the best critismn (spelling lol) you could get not just from the judges but from other great techs at the show

So how about it girls any of you going to go for it in september at excel ??? ;) ;)

Here are the pics of my third place nails

Attachments

• olympia 1 geek pic.jpg
    olympia 1 geek pic.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 62
  • olympia 3 geek pic.jpg
    olympia 3 geek pic.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 58
  • olympia 5 geek pic.jpg
    olympia 5 geek pic.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 57
You never know - I might surprise everyone and enter at Excel!!! We'll see.................

Hi All - I would like to congratulate ALL of you (Dawnie, Liza, Crazy, Marco, Paula, et al) but on this occasion Ruth, Nikki La La and Antony for a job SO WELL DONE!!! Lots of Love and congratulations to each and every one of you!!!

xxxxxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
LoL .oh how I have been dying to do this for ages, well ever since my first comp..............
Showing you my No.1 place nails.................
here they are ..............chuffed me???? You betcha ........!!!!!!!
wow!!! fantastic Ruth, well done

I will now shuffle of with dreams to one day turn out nails looking as good as those

Karen

Sorry I seem to be the last one giving Congratulations out but I have just driven a thousand miles to get home after the show so FORGIVE ME!!

YOU ALL DID SO WELL!!! But I have to say a special thanks to Ruth for inspiring others and for giving such a BOOST (no pun intended) to Wraps as a category in competition. Wraps can be beautiful, Wraps can be strong and durable, and wraps can compete with the best that Liquid and Powder has to offer.

Ruth has personally prooved that the Fabric# system is just exceptional, and Dawnie and Crazy have reinforced that too. I thank you all for believing in the Fabric# system enough to compete with it and TO use it every day in your salons. I love you all and treasure you as my friends.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE.

sorry to be late as well but CONGRADULATIONS to everyone!

First day back online and I just couldnt wait to read all about this....Ruths win was so well deserved!.
To those of you that didnt get to Olympia ... if you think those nails look fab in the pics ... they were sooo much more beautiful in the flesh!
Big Congrats Ruth! ... watching your lip quiver and seeing you shake with excitement as you accepted your trophy really brought a lump to my throat.
I clapped so hard my wrists ached for 2 days, lol!!!!

Well done, these look fantastic:biggrin: . I have never entered a comp before but read a little about the rules and regs. If one was to enter and do gel nails does one hand have to be white gel tips or white tips with clear gel. Also the red hand, can this be red gel or does it have to be varnish?? Sorry to sound silly but not sure of this.

thanks
Jacki:biggrin:

jacki said:
If one was to enter and do gel nails, does one hand have to be white gel tips or white tips with clear gel. Also the red hand, can this be red gel or does it have to be varnish?? Sorry to sound silly but not sure of this. thanks Jacki:biggrin:
Hi Jacki - One hand would have to be white gel for zone 1 (tip) plus either pink or clear for zones 2 & 3, the other question regarding 'red gel' is great! As far as I am aware though it is strictly polish although there is no reason why things couldn't be different in the future:rolleyes: If I am wrong let me know but I don't think white tips can be used!! Not sure what 'gel tips' are - unless I misunderstood!!

absolutely fantastic nails - when i can produce nails like that i will be one happy lady - any tips???
Well done they really are great

congrats they are fab. you must be very proud.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :biggrin:

red35 said:
absolutely fantastic nails - when i can produce nails like that i will be one happy lady - any tips???
Well done they really are great
Yes just the one tip............
Practice till ya can't practice no more............
Get pics of your work, put them on the critics section and then let samuel red line them.............
then do them again and hopefully no red lines and a thumbs up !!!!!!
The only way to learn is to have criticism............
Lets face it, this site gives you input and if you take all the advice to heart and learn then how could you not win...........
Because even if you don't get the first place, your nails are already better then they where before you started competiting and this is a win all in it's own category !!!!!!!
But I honestly believe, that competiting makes you a much better Technician, you will look at your nails in a different light and scrutenise your salon nails,
and the real winnners are then your clients and you!!!!!!!
As word of mouth is the best for of advertisment!!!!!
Good news spreads fast, but bad news even faster!!!!!!!!!
So lets make it all good news for us Geeks!!!!!!

:D Wha beautiful nails, ruth, you must be so proud, oh if only.

Best Wishes
Carol :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back