My Xen Tan solution has turned green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there i wonder if anyone could let me know the self life of the XEN TAN spray tanning solution.

Mine has turned GREEN i understand about the olive base and all that however i am unsure if this is still safe to use. i am also planning on changing to sienna x. where is the best place to get these products from & what is the best retail aftercare to use with sienna x.

thanx in advance
:hug:Nicola:hug:

i used to use zen tan and it as always green, a very dark green.

Don't know about new solution as i swopped to aussie gold when they changed the formulation.

hope that helps! :)

i am also planning on changing to sienna x. where is the best place to get these products from & what is the best retail aftercare to use with sienna x.

As for SiennaX call them up: Sienna X Spray Tanning Professionals and your local rep would come round and demo the products and the aftercare. I am with SiennaX and would highly recommend it and the service they provide. But why not call up your existing peeps and see if you can get some aftercare with them - they may want the chance to be helpful. Just a thought.

Caroline x

:pThanx Guys

i rang today n spoke to a guy called ged. he was pretty helpful. self life is around 6 mths depending on how its been stored. if its been stored in a cool dry dark place it could last upto 12 mths.

hope this helps any geeks looking for any answers on xen tan self life.

It could be that it is past its best before date or incorrect storage. Normally it would be because of too much air getting to it and breaking down the red colour guide in the solution. I am not 100% sure of Xen tans solution but believe it might just be the colour guide that has turned green and the actual DHA should still be ok. Your customers might get a bit frightened though if they get a spray tan with a green colour guide :eek:

Just be careful that you are not leaving left over solution in your gun over night and pouring back into bottle or else leaving the lid off x

Hi Nicola,

Xen-Tan is based on olive undertones, which gives it that natural colour that everyone loves about it.

However, it has an open shelf life of 6 months and 12 months unopened, if they are open for over 6 months, they will begin to turn green as the guide colour will oxidise.

To extend the life of your solution, keep it in a cool place with the lid secured tightly – this should ensure the tan doesn’t oxidise quicker than it should.

Hope this helps J

Xen-Tan xx

My Couture has done exactly the same, ive poured half a litre down the sink :-( even if it's ok to use i dont think my clients will be happy leaving me looking green! Im seriously thinking about switching to Sienna x too

x

Are you sure its turned green or is it just the neck of the bottle? Sometimes my bottle looks green where the lid goes on and air gets to that bit but the actual solution is fine x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

My lot of xen tan lasted just over 12 mths before it went vgreen and I def could not use it-ended up putting 250ml or so down the sink.

It has green undertones yes but it still looks brown - you know if its past it, it looks past it.

You dont want a hulk on your hands now:)

I've had Suntana do this as well, had to chuck it as there is no way I would send a green client home!! :green:

Is it still safe to use on yourself though? I have some that has just gone green but i still have half a litre and I dont mind using it on myself. I'll just stay in the house!!!!

Dont want to waste it :sad:

Yes it is still safe to use on yourself.

Once the colour guide has turned though you can't be sure of how strong the DHA is going to be - the product has started to brealk down and this includes the DHA so your tan may turn out to be lighter than it would if the solution had not gone off.

The longer it sits there (after going off) the lower the DHA will get.

Yes it is still safe to use on yourself.

Once the colour guide has turned though you can't be sure of how strong the DHA is going to be - the product has started to brealk down and this includes the DHA so your tan may turn out to be lighter than it would if the solution had not gone off.

The longer it sits there (after going off) the lower the DHA will get.

Thanks baggybear, I will use it up asap! xxx

Be warned though sienna x only claim 3 month shelf life once opened unless you keep it in a fridge. Their bottles say a cool dark place but customer services insist a fridge, how of course they expect you to know this however without being told is indeed a mystery and also the reason I have half a bottle of wasted tan solution.

This happened to me the other day with Sienna x 12% it looked green as I poured it out needless to say o didn't use it, I didn't no you have to keep it in the fridge but I will now thanks

I'm puzzled by the 3 month Sienna X shelf life, I work for a supplier that sells it and we have been told 12 months from opening or if Q10 solution it's 6 months?? X

I used to use Xen-tan and I had the same problem. I did tan someone when it was green as I thought it would just be the guide color and would wash off. It did wash off to a degree but did leave the client with a green tinge and I tipped the rest away... wouldn't want to do this to any other client again.

I don't use Xen-tan anymore as they only do 0.5 gallon (1.9 litre) bottles, which is much more than I do in its shelf life.

I now use Nouvatan after many trials and really happy with everything about it. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back