MyLash Lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieL84

Suzanne Humphray Skin & Beauty
Reaction score
Hi all
I was hoping to get some advice on the tinting procedure during a lash lift. It says in the treatment procedure instructions to apply the tint after Step 2, whilst the upper lashes are still attached to the shield. Then to remove it with a clean dry micro brush, before applying Step 3 nourishing solution to remove the lashes from the shield. I followed the instructions but my client complained of the tint going in her eyes & causing them to sting quite badly. I suspect that this was because it was applied to the lower lashes directly rather than with the upper lashes as in a general eyelash tint.

My question is......is there a better way to incorporate the tint during the lash lift? Could the lash tint be done first of all as a separate treatment, then follow on with the lash lift? So that the tint can be applied & removed the usual way with wet cotton pads?

I find it strange that in a general lash tint the procedure is to remove all tint using wet cotton pads & to do an eye bath if the client has stinging. But then with a lash lift you arkit expected to remove the tint with a dry micro brush otherwise the lift will ruin?

Any help or advice will be appreciated, thank you.
X

I’m not quite sure when you did the lower lashes.....
I tint on the shield after neutralisation
Then remove the tint carefully with a dry cotton bud, followed by a damp cotton bud.
Follow with your nourishing serum to help unstick the lashes from the shield
You can gently sweep the tint across the lower lashes with the client eyes semi open - but unless they are very fair I tend not to do this step.
Most lash brands advise against getting the lashes wet for 24 hrs, which is why they advise ‘damp’ cotton disk/bud for removal as opposed to the rinsing method

I use mylash, when I do the tint I make sure I don’t put too much on otherwise it’s a pain in the butt to get off!

I pull the bottom lashes upwards with the tint and do them like that on the shield.

I use proper cotton buds to remove, I do this dry and kind of roll the cotton bud whilst moving upwards away from the eye so that the maximum of the cotton bud is used.

Be careful when removing the tint as it’s easy to move the lid and this makes the tint go in.

Great advice, thank you so much! Xx

I use mylash, when I do the tint I make sure I don’t put too much on otherwise it’s a pain in the butt to get off!

I pull the bottom lashes upwards with the tint and do them like that on the shield.

I use proper cotton buds to remove, I do this dry and kind of roll the cotton bud whilst moving upwards away from the eye so that the maximum of the cotton bud is used.

Be careful when removing the tint as it’s easy to move the lid and this makes the tint go in.
Hi, so you only use dry cotton bud to remove the tint? Do you use the nourishing oil after to remove shields, or does that complete your process? Thank you.

Hi, so you only use dry cotton bud to remove the tint? Do you use the nourishing oil after to remove shields, or does that complete your process? Thank you.

I only use the cotton buds then use the nourishing oil afterwards to separate the lashes from the shield

I only use the cotton buds then use the nourishing oil afterwards to separate the lashes from the shield
Ok thank you for your response. So no rinsing with water when you do your Lash Tint services. Just cotton buds and nourishing oil. I'll have to give that a try. I just want to avoid tint contact with eyes so I've always rinsed them with water. It just gets confusing when I've been taught to instruct clients not to get lash lift wet OR use oil and there I go rinsing the lift and tint off with WATER and proceed with adding nourishing OIL.

Ok thank you for your response. So no rinsing with water when you do your Lash Tint services. Just cotton buds and nourishing oil. I'll have to give that a try. I just want to avoid tint contact with eyes so I've always rinsed them with water. It just gets confusing when I've been taught to instruct clients not to get lash lift wet OR use oil and there I go rinsing the lift and tint off with WATER and proceed with adding nourishing OIL.

When I did my training g they said not to use water to remove so I just follow that :) I know what you mean though

I was trained to remove the tint with water so always do however I also roll cotton buds over the lashes first to ensure as much as possible of the tint is removed first. This ensures that there is no product remaining on the lashes when they leave.

I was trained to remove the tint with water so always do however I also roll cotton buds over the lashes first to ensure as much as possible of the tint is removed first. This ensures that there is no product remaining on the lashes when they leave.
Hi there, thank you for your response. If you do Lash Lifts do you use water to remove product?

Hi there, thank you for your response. If you do Lash Lifts do you use water to remove product?

Yes I do. I remove with a dry cotton bud then with a damp one to ensure all product is fully removed.

Yes I do. I remove with a dry cotton bud then with a damp one to ensure all product is fully removed.
I do the same. I just haven't used a nourishing serum because Ellebanna in the past has said that the keritan in the lift solutions were enough. I'm aware they offer nourishing oil now. It does seem somewhat contradictory to use oil on lashes right after the procedure, since many of us have learned not to because it can keep the lift from processing at it's best. Many of the Estheticians on here really seem to like it's benefits however, which is great to learn! Do you use the nourishing oil?

I do the same. I just haven't used a nourishing serum because Ellebanna in the past has said that the keritan in the lift solutions were enough. I'm aware they offer nourishing oil now. It does seem somewhat contradictory to use oil on lashes right after the procedure, since many of us have learned not to because it can keep the lift from processing at it's best. Many of the Estheticians on here really seem to like it's benefits however, which is great to learn! Do you use the nourishing oil?

I dont want to contradict what other brands are teaching but the hair structure is changed with a lash lift (same as your hair perm) so water or oil cannot change the structure once it is set. When you go to the hairdresser they wash your perm out with water and apply a conditioner too and the lash lifting is not too dissimilar in that respect x

I only apply Elleeplex serum afterwards

Latest posts

Back