Nail adhesive for gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrssj

Reaction score
Please someone help me, even using ibd 5 second glue a couple of my clients tips are falling off despite bonder, base, builder 2 colour and top coat. Where am i going wrong?
Does tip shape impact, as lady i did yesterday had long sharp points and text me earlier to say 1 has already fallen off
Thanks xxx

Everything impacts. You would know if the glue was ok when you filed. If the tips stayed on then, it was ok. The apex you built absolutely impacts the duration extensions will last. Also the proper tip must be properly fitted. For example, a curved nail needs a curved tip, and a flat nail a flat tip. Fitting a too narrow tip will cause pinging. It's best to pre-tailor your tips for proper fit. Where are you fitting the tip on the nail? It should cover as little of the nail plate as possible for best adhesion of the gel. Also, don't forget that proper prep is essential. All traces of cuticle must be removed from the plate. Make sure to deactivate if your cuticle remover of choice calls for it.

Figured it out ... she rubbed her eye which had oil on after did her eyebrows! Started panicking wonder what i did wrong!

Sorry honey but rubbing her eye with oil on wouldn't make the nail come off, unless it somehow got on there during your prep stage where it would compromise the bonding process. It would have to be something else. X

Thorough cleansing of the nail plate prior to application would remove any oil do it's doubtful that was the cause X

Kathryn nailed it.

Latest posts

Back