nail adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
when doing tips we obviously need to use a nail adhesive to bond the natural nail to the nail tip ......

Many geeks on here have a preference with the products they use for either gel or L + P is nail adhesive all the same regardless of brand or are there some better than others ?

:hug:

There are so many different nail adhesives and they do different jobs.

For example you get quick set ones which are great for the more experienced techs. Slower set ones are good if you are new because you get slightly longer to move the tip - but not much longer LOL.

There are gel type adhesives which are good for using on people with uneven nails as the gel adhesive will fill in any gaps.

It is not as easy as saying one brand is better than another - we have preferences - I personally prefer a brush on adhesive as I have better control.

is nail adhesive all the same regardless of brand or are there some better than others ?
Nope... they have different qualities... I use and prefer GelBond in both pink and clear, it's a hospital grade adhesive with a 10 second pressure set cure time... I do sometimes use brush on adhesive but mainly when I'm doing my own nails as I find it easier.

I use a brush on adhesive most of the time, and a gel adhesive if the need arises.
i usually use ezflows brush on and creatives gelbond

I always use GelBond by Creative, I have never tried a brush on adhesive, but that may very well be put on my list of things to try.

Gel bond for me, although I don't tip much these days........bit of a sculpter!:)

I use NSI's Polybond.

Gel bond for me, although I don't tip much these days........bit of a sculpter!:)
Ditto, but gelbond is good for those canibals that mangle their nails.

As long as you don't use Super glue thinking it is the same thing ... It is not.

We only use Ethyl Cynoacrylate in the nail and medical industry.

Super Glue is industrial and should never be used on the human body for many many reasons. If you do a search you can read about the reasons.

Ok... stupid question but if I don't ask I'll never know... here goes...

What is glue used for in the Medical Industry? Or is it so blatantly obvious I must just be having a blank day?

Ok... stupid question but if I don't ask I'll never know... here goes...

What is glue used for in the Medical Industry? Or is it so blatantly obvious I must just be having a blank day?
They use it instead of stitches sometimes... both of my children have had minor head cuts glued with butterfly stitches used to hold it together, it is sometimes better and doesn't leave as much of a scar.

They use it instead of stitches sometimes... both of my children have had minor head cuts glued with butterfly stitches used to hold it together, it is sometimes better and doesn't leave as much of a scar.
Is this the same thing that they call "liquid skin"? Or is that something totally different again?

Is this the same thing that they call "liquid skin"? Or is that something totally different again?
I don't know, when my son was 'glued back together' it was about 10 years ago, I even remember the colour of it, it was purple and my son wasn't overly impressed because it was a girly colour lol

i use speedbond its really good better than gelbond. I cant hold in place for long enough with gelbond so my tips end up moving!! speedbond for me. 2 seconds flat!! CND x

As Sandi says, EC Adhesive is used in the medical industry for suturing and sealing .. in the dental industry for crowns, caps etc (very strong adhesives).

EC resins can be produced at different strengths of adhesion.
Nail adhesive can be 'designed' to break at certain pressure so that the nail enhancemnt breaks but not the natural nail.

That is why it is important to use the right tools for the job.

I need a fast setting adhesive or it drives me crazy - I like to stick and go!!! so I use LCN's Fastener Rapid, sticks pretty much on contact so you have to get it right first time - not for the novice tech that's for sure!! :green:

I use the adhesive that goes with my product.....when I did my "training" I was told to use Resin as it is the same....never have.......Does anyone do this,any reasons for or against???

I use the adhesive that goes with my product.....when I did my "training" I was told to use Resin as it is the same....never have.......Does anyone do this,any reasons for or against???

Same as that i tend to use NSI because all my products are NSI is resin not the same then?:rolleyes:

I love the NSI Elation clear tips. Can I get them to stick to nails. NO. I used NSI Polybond and The Edge Adhesive and none work.

I spoke to NSI and they said that it is because of the polyflex membrane in the tips that make them harder to adhere.

Does anyone use these tips and if so what adhesive do you use with them, how long does it take to set?

Latest posts

Back