Nail Adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
Does anyone have a favourite nail adhesive? I have tried loads i want the quickest setting one possible, i found the best was the 5 second instant adhesive but it is so strong the nozzle blocks in seconds! I like the 5 sec brush on adhesive but find i have to hold it on for at least 10 secs. Any ideas would be fab L x

CND's Gelbond, it dries fast and fills in any ridges etc. Its really good!

CND have 3 different adhesives to choose from (remember not to use the word GLUE as no professional uses glue in the nail industry. Why? Because glue is made with animal by products and adhesive isn't. Nail techs work with Ethyl Cyanoacrylate adhesive (which is formulated to be used on porous surfaces).

GelBond which has been mentioned. There are also 2 others, one of which has a medium viscosity and is called SolarSeale and one which is SUPER fast called Speed Bond.

All super fast adhesives are very very thin which means they dry very very fast which means that you have to use them very very quickly and 'cleanly' or you will gunk-up your nozzles!!

It's all down to YOU and how clean and efficiently you work with your adhesive.

It's not the fault of the adhesive if it dries quickly ... that is why you want to use it in the first place isn't it. :confused:

I know what one I hate OPI'S Mach 5 its like water ugh lol

If its all down to me then please explain what i could do to prevent the nozzle clogging up! I do love the ultra fast glue but after literally putting it on one nail it seems to clog the nozzle- i only apply one drop then spread it across tip with nozzle then wipe nozzle with a nail wipe and stand glue upright. Its not old glue either btw!! :mad:

If your nozzle is clogging I would switch to Gelbond- it's a pressure set adhesive, meaning it won't dry up or set until you apply pressure- such as you would when applying a tip.

It's also WATER RESISTANT. ;)

I like Polybond by NSI ... it comes with a brush for easy application.

If its all down to me then please explain what i could do to prevent the nozzle clogging up! I do love the ultra fast adhesive but after literally putting it on one nail it seems to clog the nozzle- i only apply one drop then spread it across tip with nozzle then wipe nozzle with a nail wipe and stand adhesive upright. Its not old adhesive either btw!! :mad:

I never wipe the tip of the nozzle and I never spread the adhesive with the tip of the nozzle.

I place the drop of adhesive, I then burp the bottle (or tap the bottom of the bottle on the desk) so the nozzle is clear of any adhesive, then I spread the adhesive with the SIDE of the nozzle so the end does not get clogged with dried adhesive.

I hope that explains it for you in an understandable way.

Latest posts

Back