Nail advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown2013

Reaction score
Hiya, hoping some of you can give me some advice as been a while since I did nails, I will be working from home and to begin with will just be myself, family, friends and friends of friends (I live on an army camp so I think this will be where I mainly get my business from to start with)
I've my refresher training booked for end of next month 🙌

As I'm basically restarting, until I feel up to scratch, I just wanted to check what's what really,

In terms of PPE what are people using? I will be checking and following all gov guidelines too but some first hand advice would be fab.

Best sterilisation products to use? I used barbacide before, is this the go to or are there others available?

Do I need to register as a business or do anything in that dept?

And finalllly best place for insurance, I will only be doing calgel nails Overlays, extensions etc if that makes any difference

Sorry that's all a bit long winded just obv with the current situation I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly!

Thanks for reading if u got this far! 😂

As far as I understand, currently, the necessary PPE is mask and visor. I wear mask, visor and nitrile gloves to minimise skin to skin contact.
I sanitise my tools with warm soapy water and a scrub brush, pat dry, then disinfect submerge in the recommended dosage of Barbicide for 10 mins (which is what Barbicide say to do). Sterilising isn't really necessary in the UK in the nail industry as we aren't going into the body and we dont have plans to make people bleed lol.
Definitely get insurance before you start. I just do nails and I'm with ABT but look around at others and reviews eg Salon Gold, Babtac, Guild etc see what suits you. xx

Latest posts

Back