Nail appointment - am I wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Steaming right now!

I've had a death in the family, my mother inlaw passed away, last week.

I had been closed from the 18th Dec till 28th Dec. Open for 2 days and closed from 31st Dec to 4th Jan.

I am not seeing clients this week, one of my regulars had booked in before Christmas for tonight, with the death I had told her beginning of the week, I only have limited time.

Told her I'll text her as soon as I'm home. That was at 17.17, she's literally around the corner and comes within a couple of minutes usually.
I text again at 17.30, no response.
Finally at 17.40 I had to send message saying I cannot see her will have to re-schedule.

5 minutes later she rings doorbell, I said didn't you get my messages, she goes they didn't come through, she only saw the one that said she can come.
I had to tell her I cannot see her as by 18.30 I expected to finish as I have other commitments due to the death.
She said can't you do it quickly, I said I can't. I gave her option of Saturday, but she's got a wedding.
Then she said she'll have to go somewhere else then, so I told her unfortunetly due to unforeseen circumstances I'm very sorry.
Not once during our conversation did she acknowledge the fact that this is a difficult time.

Was I wrong to do this? I'm feeling guilty. This is the same client who I posted before who never pays for her appointment she attends. She pays for one before everytime she comes.

Don't give her another thought, you've got much bigger things to think about right now. She should be more understanding in my view, some people just care about themselves!

So what, she'll have to go somewhere else and you can your life they'll make her pay up immediately. Personally I think you shouldn't let her get away with paying in arrears but that's another conversation for another day and not what you need right now.

Sort yourself and your family out, they need you, she can look after herself - hugs.

Karaxxx

Why are you questioning if you are wrong?

You can bet that she saw the message informing her that you couldn't see her and that's what made her turn up. She is not interested in seeing you as a person currently going through this and she doesn't sound very interested in respecting you as a business either if she is not paying properly.

Once things have settled down, maybe it's time to reassess things and nip this in the bud.

I wouldn't say you were wrong; obviously life and death are more important than pretty nails. But I think you could have been more accommodating. Back in December, you should have been able to give her the name of a couple of techs who could have taken her in the interim. That would have also made a stressful time for you less stressful since your clients would be taken care of.

Again, you shouldn't feel guilty, but a plan for such exigencies in the future could avoid this.

Last edited:
Thanks all!

I didn't give her alternative nail salon names before xmas, as this sad news was sudden.

I did expect her to understand, just like I always try to fit her in.

I remember your previous post about this client not paying. So if she goes elsewhere...hallelujah! Hopefully she won't come back lol Now is a time to concentrate on your family and the people in your life who really matter :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss of your mother in law.

Your thoughts need to be on family right now, don't waste anymore time on her. She sounds like a real pain in the bum anyway.

Good riddance!

What a selfish client!

I'm sorry for your loss. Try not to waste any more time thinking about her and concentrate on what you need to be doing instead.

Look after yourself. :hug:

Thank you all for your kind words...
I love my geek family 😍

Your all right she ain't worth the bother anymore.

Let her go.. You don't need a client who doesn't pay properly anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this terrible event that's being made worse by a self absorbed "human being" that isn't worth ur time or worry... Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes ..... Hopefully you can remember the good times and memories you had together as a family unit 💗

I appreciate you are going a tough time, but you should of called this lady rather than text her, especially if you had other commitments that evening and needed to be finished by a certain time.

Text messages can get delayed or not picked up, so it may not be her fault that she arrived 'late'.

Latest posts

Back