nail art and nvq

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolate

Reaction score
Hello to all you nail geeks. I am new to this site and not great on computers. Give me a set of nails anyday!! I just want to say a big thank you to all the geeks who have posted great comments on my company, K-Sa-Ra. Its great to hear that you all like my book. If anyone needs help on nail art, or on NVQ as this is also my passion, please shout! I am looking forward to sharing loads of gossip with you all. xx :D PS congratulations to kelly (nail star) on gaining her NVQ, well done hun, you deserve it! xx

Hi Chocolate ...With a name like that I love you already :shock:
Looking forward to your input here - and some piccys, please.
I love all things arty but, am a bit preoccupied with my CFC at the mo. It would be nice to view some of your art .... help me chill a bit :rolleyes:
I would also like to congratulate Kellie on gaining her NVQ :thumbsup:

sawasdee kha

What is nvq and can you show some nail art please .

Kop khun kha mui

Hiya Chocolate,
It was recently mentioned to us at our Creative Course that Unit 19 is going to be an important qualification to have soon and we may well need it to practice.
Is this the case and if so, where do I start - I have a qualification from a home learn course and hopefully, when I attend for the final day with Creative, a certificate with them for L&P. However, nothing else in the way of manicure, pedicure or such like.
I think I'd like to be ahead in the game if it comes to necessary requirements for licensing and insurance purposes etc.
So where do I go from here?
Thanks
Carol

Thanx hun.

Chocolate is the best for many reasons but the main one because she is my friend. She's a wicked nail technician and nail artist and her advice and help mean so much to me. I could've PM'd this but I thought I'd post it to show everyone how great you are!

Cheers babe for all your help. If anyone wants to do their nvq do it with Rachel!! (Sorry luv, going to make you really busy now!!)

Hi all, I hope someone can help me clear this once and for all. I have a IHBC Diploma in Advanced Nail Techiques, as well as other training courses including Creative, will I still require the said NVQ?

Hiya Cutie,
I have IHBC cert too, mine says on it Diploma in Advanced Nail Techniques (A431) I was told that it was equivalent to the NVQ hence me taking the course. However, on my CFC last week my tutor Jane Cook told me that she doesnt think its enough and has asked me to take my portfolio to show her when I attend my final day next week.
I feel quite miffed I can tell you, thought I'd got this covered :evil:

Glorsclaws said:
Hiya Cutie,
I have IHBC cert too, mine says on it Diploma in Advanced Nail Techniques (A431) I was told that it was equivalent to the NVQ hence me taking the course. However, on my CFC last week my tutor Jane Cook told me that she doesnt think its enough and has asked me to take my portfolio to show her when I attend my final day next week.
I feel quite miffed I can tell you, thought I'd got this covered :evil:

Accordingly to someone at ANT (who are running satellite centres for NVQ), VTCT, IHBC Advanced Nail Techniques is treated as the equivalent and you do not need to then obtain the NVQ qualification...

sawasdeekha

can some lady tell me what nvq is please ..

Kop khun kha mui

Good morning :D
I have had a great response to my nvq passion. I have posted a full reply in the "general forum" so i dont have to write it twice! From rachel xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back