Nail art brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicn1967

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking for advice regarding a fine detailer nail art brush. I’ve heard various opinions on brushes some techs saying you don’t have to spend a fortune on a brush as they are pretty much all the same. I’ve looked at the magpie ones but just wondered if any of the cheaper ones were just as good. (I don’t mean the ones in packs of 10 from ebay).
thank you
Nicola x

Last edited:
Hi Nicola,

Every cheap brush that I have tried has been rubbish, though this is limited only to those that I have tried .. there have been a fair few over the years.

The best I found were from Crystal Nails, they have a one move brush for one stroke painting which is great, and a fine liner brush which is called a Barbera II' brush.. note though if you don't take care of them as in keeping them free from drying paint and oiling them (i used a minuscule amount of olive oil) after washing when finished with use, the hairs become fluffy and then not as precision in application as before... so you end up re - buying them which is not cost effective in the long run.

Hi Nicola,

Every cheap brush that I have tried has been rubbish, though this is limited only to those that I have tried .. there have been a fair few over the years.

The best I found were from Crystal Nails, they have a one move brush for one stroke painting which is great, and a fine liner brush which is called a Barbera II' brush.. note though if you don't take care of them as in keeping them free from drying paint and oiling them (i used a minuscule amount of olive oil) after washing when finished with use, the hairs become fluffy and then not as precision in application as before... so you end up re - buying them which is not cost effective in the long run.
Thank you for the reply. I will take a look x

I’ve found all of the Lecenté and all of the Hazel Dixon HD professional brush collections have been top quality and none are exceptionally expensive.

I’ve found all of the Lecenté and all of the Hazel Dixon HD professional brush collections have been top quality and none are exceptionally expensive.
Thank you I will certainly look at them x

Latest posts

Back