Nail Art Brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
what sort of brushes do you use to do your nail art with??

I use ones from our local artshop, really fine ones. Problem is...they never seem to last long. They'll last about a month before the bristles get all splayed and straggly (too much nail painting me thinks!).

I study art at college and my paintbrushes I use for the lessons dont get ruined as easily as my nail ones do :rolleyes: :? It doesnt cost much to replace them, as I buy a pack with about 3-4 brushes in for about £4.

What do you use, and how dya keep yours in pristine condition??

xxlaylaxx

I like the v-rush pens, they cost about £15 for 3 (short, medium & long length)....i do nearly all my artwork with these three brushes!
I clena them just with water and put them back in their little cover, they last for ages.

What kind of paint are you using for your nail art brushes? If you use polish at all this definitely makes them wear out quicker. I only use acrylic craft paint which is water washable and my brushes seem to last.
I use brushes from art supply stores and from Walmart...I have no idea what the UK version of Walmart might be...lol
Hope this helps.

I use acrylics and polish but I keep the brushes i use for acrylics serpearte from the ones I use for polish!! Polish kills my brushes which is why I rarely use it now :? I mostly use acrylics now, much easier. :)

xxlaylaxx

Hi Layla Baby :D
I keep my brushes in an artist brush roll. they seem to like it in there and I always put the little plastic protectors back on then once I have cleaned them. Mine last for ages. But this is for the acrylic paints only. With Varnish they dont seem to last that long, so i use cheap and cheerfull ones, as long as they do the job :D me thinks
love Ruth ;)

SNAP! thats exactly what i do Ruthy Baby! hehehe! Hows the therapist?? ;)

xxlaylaxx

Our IM chats allways make me smile. Therapist????? I am trying to work out how to do nails whilst the clients are lying down to tell me all their problems, that way I could charge big bucks :D
Love Ruth

I bought some new brushes several months ago, and I really like them a lot. I bought them from www.transdesign.com they are called flex brush. I got a set of 3 which was one detail brush and 2 striper brushes. They are like a pen though, only they have a brush on the end! They are much easier to control I think, as we are all used to holding pens and pencils. I too use acrylic craft paint. I clean them good with water to make sure they have all the paint out, then keep them in the container they came in. They are in great shape. Before that I used regular art brushes and they lasted forever. Never had a problem with them, but then again I only use acrylic craft paints, on them. You might look into them!!! I really like them. Seems like I have better control, especially when doing art on myself with my "off" hand. Good luck!!!
Shelley

Just looked at the trade site you listed for your nail art brushes & paints it's great, just waiting for a quote on shiping costs & I'll be away !

Cheers
Pauline
:eyesore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back