SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebeccacalver

Reaction score
I've recently got a few colours from The Gel Bottle which I love but am finding them a little harder to work with for nail art. I usually use CND shellac and trained with them so am used to using isopropyl alcohol to neaten up any edges on my nail art - tried this with TGB and whilst its okay, I'm finding it streaks across the nail a bit and also sticks to my nail art brushes a lot more.
Has anyone had any experience with this or got any advice?

It's probably because TGB are slightly thicker and more pigmented than CND. Do you remove the tacky layer before doing nail art? x

Yes I have tried this, it does help but doesn't completely resolve the issue

I use the gel bottle almost exclusively and actually find the thickness of the gel an actual selling point for me. It does gather in my art brushes more but I just use gel wipe off solution to keep on top of cleaning them during my painting and I always check my brushes at the end to make sure they are all clear of any residue. Have you tried using their matte top coat to create a smooth surface to start with? I find this helps if the gel isn’t working quite how I’d like it. Hope this helps :)

Have you tried applying a matte top coat to your colour layer to apply your art to? I find it easier to work with than straight on to the shiny wiped colour.

Latest posts

Back