Nail Art design help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
I would be grateful for any ideas.

I have a client in tommorrow and she wears her nails very, very long.

She is going to a wedding at the weekend and wants me to match her nails to her outfit, the colours she will be wearing are sage green and gold.

My mind has drawn a complete blank. I have gold polish but no sage green polish, I do have nail art paints though, any thoughts anyone?????

I'm most grateful,

Teri x:hug:

You could maybe use the gold on the nails as a diagonal, so that the top half of the nail is naked, the bottom is gold, (on the diagonal), then use some dark green paints and do flicks or flowers that go over the diagonal of naked nail and gold nail in the centre of the nail bed, then maybe use a gold crystal in the center of the flicks or flowers. I hope this makes sense??

Or do a classic french and do gold and green flicks coming from the side if a more subtle look is wanted.

Or you could do a french using the gold and then use the green paint to do dots along the smile line...... i'm trying to think of different ideas....

How about using some green and gold rhinestones in your design too, if you have some that is.

I like the idea of the gold french and I have loads of different coloured green gems too, so this is definitely an option.

She always seems to go for an all over polish and then a design, I want to give her a few choices, I've done so many designs on her just trying to think what I could do now.

Thanks for your help!!

Take a piccy of what you decide to do in the end, its great to see the use of different colours.

how about all over gold with green chevrons in the centre and diamontes (if u don't get what i mean in my pic it's top row, 2nd one in. It might look better green background with gold stripes but if you don't have green polish u don't really have a choice i guess!!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_4450.jpg

hth xx

i like the gold french idea with green diamontes etc, but also like the idea of all over gold with green chevrons or design on them, suppose it depneds how adventerous she is, if she likes daring bold designs you could do zebra type stipes along the white frenched area, sage and gold look lovely together, then add gems etc

or maybe gold and on two or 3 nails use gems and paint trailing greenery to make them into flowers?

show us pics of what you decided anyway hun xx

I see in your profile that you have done a airbrush course, so you still have your airbrush? What if you airbrushed the sage green then do some simple lines or dots with gold polish for accents. Do you have gold stripping tape? maybe airbrush the nails sage green and accent with a couple of diagonal stripping tape lines. ummmmm what about a white to sage green fade, with a couple of flick and dots in gold or a sage green to gold fade with white flicks and dots. HTH

I see in your profile that you have done a airbrush course, so you still have your airbrush? What if you airbrushed the sage green then do some simple lines or dots with gold polish for accents. Do you have gold stripping tape? maybe airbrush the nails sage green and accent with a couple of diagonal stripping tape lines. ummmmm what about a white to sage green fade, with a couple of flick and dots in gold or a sage green to gold fade with white flicks and dots. HTH

Aw Thanks, it sounds fab BUT I haven't completed my airbrush course yet, been very slack with it.

I am doing a few taster tips at the mo and will let you know what she decides.

Thanks everyone for all your lovely suggestions!

Hi lets see a pic of your design when you have chosen one teri,hope my photos has given you some idias aswell,thanks for the PM xx

Latest posts

Back