Nail Art etc....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugs

Reaction score
HI. Im new to the nail world, having done my course in Feb. The course was not very good (to say the lest) but Im getting on ok and have taught myself sculptured as well. I am hoping to be able to start advertising in a month or so

I would like to offer nail Art as well, do I need to get a qualification for this to be able to practise on joanne Public or would my Acrylic course be enough for this?

many thanks and Hi to you all.

Bugs

Hi Bugs,

Im also new to the nail world, Im still at college doing the course. And I have to agree with you the course is not very good!!!!
I'm struggling through with the help of other students.... HEEEEELLLLPPPP!
Im not really sure about the nail art, but I think that you do need a qualification.
Good Luck
Aggie

Bugs said:
HI. Im new to the nail world, having done my course in Feb. The course was not very good (to say the lest) but Im getting on ok and have taught myself sculptured as well. I am hoping to be able to start advertising in a month or so

I would like to offer nail Art as well, do I need to get a qualification for this to be able to practise on joanne Public or would my Acrylic course be enough for this?

Bugs

Bugs said:

Bugs

Hiya Bug,
I think you would benefit from doing a course in Nail Art, This way you can be shown the correct way to do things. I myself am qualified in Nail Art, Lots of people try nail art and enjoy doing it :)
But i think if dealing with the public it always looks better if your qualified in all fields.

Depends how arty/creative you are really, i've been doing nail art on people for near on 5 years, then went on a nail art course a couple of months ago and found i knew 3 quarters of it, :rolleyes: but did also learn some new tricks!! :green:

It is worth doing a course as you get some great ideas. You could get a few bits in first to see if you enjoy it. As far as i know, you dont need a qualification for nail art as it is not invasive, but ALWAYS check with your local council and insurance company as they may well insist on one.

It could all change soon, when the new nail NVQ is launched in September, it has a unit for nail art in it.!!??!!??!!??

I thought I`d jump on the bandwagon here and put in my tuppence worth........
I did a fun nail art course a few years ago and have been doing it ever since although not qualified.
I decided to go to college to get a VTCT in nail art which should have started in September last year, it was put off twice and I have now started only last week.
I was horrified however to find out you have to be a qualified nail technician to enrol on this course. I really can`t understand that logic, there must be loads of peeps out there that just have an interest in painting nails, or even doing manicures and painting. I really think having to be qualified in nail technology is waaaaaayyyyyy over the top to learn nail art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back