Nail-Art Flowers ... Had A Go!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am new to this! i really liked yor picture of nails that you posted they are great-did you press the flowers in a pres or a book

Well, I just placed mine between a couple of tissues and put them between two heavy books.
Would like to see if they look any different with the silca gel idea though!
Anyone know where to buy it?

Oh Gloria they're beautiful! I like the idea of putting them between a base coat and top coat rather than into the nail enhancement itself as its easier to remove when they've grown out too much.

Fantastic! Well done!

I went flower hunting yesterday (havent got a garden) struggled to find some very small but picked a few and am hoping they will work am drying them out so will have a play and post a pic, cant wait i htink this is a fantastic idea x x x

WOW, love em all, they look so good. Do you usually apply them them on your nail before putting the L&P on or do you put a layer of L&P then another thin layer after?

What's the best way to dry the flowers? Or do you press them?

Love to try this as it looks so good.:)

Wow! These are fantastic. Have been thinkning about doing this for a while now (was going to buy some from NSI) but as I am so new to this wasn't too sure how to! Did you just put on a base coat onto the extensions and then place the flower onto this and then top coat? Would you be able to encase them if you did gel extensions, i.e. one layer of gel, stick flower on, cure, and then another layer of gel? Or is this not necessary?

Please can someone explain how to do this?! I love the look it creates.

Thanks
Carole x

i did a finished nail then encased the flowers with clear acrylic, i have filed them off today and they just flaked off, ( playing again lol)

i dried mine in silica crystals, but also did some as glor did between kitchen roll and a heavy book, microwaving did`nt work too well as they are to small and went brown.

i`m on the hunt for tiny pink flowers, the bride i have booked for july wanted butterflys now she has seen this done she wants the ring fingers filled with dried flowers n leaves.

what would you all charge for doing two of these nails on top of a full set? i`m clueless.

Glorsclaws said:
Having pressed some Forget-Me-Nots last night, I couldnt wait to have a go today. Didnt have time to get the l&p out, so its just done with base & top coat.
Not the best work I ever did but, I've a feeling I'll be playing some more before the weekend is out!
I had a go at this today didnt come out as i quite expected but they wernt bad either. I applied white l&p then pink l&p then the flower then some clear over the flower dnt know if thats quite right though:o

Fab nailes Dawny, When you finished your nail what did you use to stick flower in place before you encased it in clear?
Suzanne

Glorsclaws said:
Having pressed some Forget-Me-Nots last night, I couldnt wait to have a go today. Didnt have time to get the l&p out, so its just done with base & top coat.
Not the best work I ever did but, I've a feeling I'll be playing some more before the weekend is out!
Hi all i had ago at this today also dnt know if i done it right though I applied white l&p to tip then pink as normal then the flower then sealed with clear l&p does not look lik other pics but not bad for 1st attempt will have 2 keep practising cos it does look nice and i agree will look great for bride:rolleyes: also i think my flower might of been a bit to big, also when i cut the stem off the flower fell apart is that normal:o

Hia Jackie,
You'll find that some flowers petals are held together by a little nodule (sorry dont know technical term) at the base. If you cut into this the whole thing falls apart.
I have lots of flowers in my garden that would be ideal sizewise but, I havent used them for this very reason :sad:

Ooooh! They look lovely! Well done!

Some Qs cos I wanna try!!-
Did you have to press them for weeks or just a couple of days??
What's the silica gel used for??
Can you put them under clear acrylic????

Thanks!

Looby
:)

How long did you dry them for?

Amber from NSi showed me how to put these on, on monday and i think they are fantastic

I really want some of these flowers because my friend is getting married next week and would love to have some on her nails for the wedding but i have looked on NSI website and they dont have them on there does anyone else do them????

Looby& Bugs,
I pressed my flowers overnight ... and some as suggested by someone else for just a few hours.
Jinx,
dont know if the flowers I used would be any good for a wedding but, if you like PM me your addy and Ill send you some.

well my flowers are coming along beautifully. they are placed in a telephone directory at the bottom of a number of other directories. i managed to find some pretty little white and blue ones and also the daisy like ones that grow in the lawns as weeds press up beautifully (for the toes coz they are bigger!). what i want to know is how long do i need to leave them there for? my impatience is getting the better of me :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back