Nail Art Flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya ,
I was on a japenese web site selling nail art products, and noticed that they sold ready made small flowers to use on the nails and very tiny silk flowers to embed in designs.
Just wondered if anyone knew of companys selling similar products here in the uk?

Kim has some flowers she embedded which I believe she got from NSI, I haven`t seen them although I`ve put the nails on my site and their wicked.

These are also advertised in Professional Nails mag this month.
It says that they are £4.99 for a pack of 20 through Nsi.... I hope this helps?

Debbie

Thanks Gals i have a look :D

I am going to have a try at pressing my own flowers...we have some tiny ones in the garden which i think will look great! Anyone else tried doing there own? If so how did it come out?

Hello, I tried to do it - I love them ! ( the best are tiny blue "forget me not" - is this the proper word in english for those gorgeous flowers :) ) greetings

Hi Jolly, i really like the sound of that idea i have never actually heard of it, if you dont mind can you give me a break down on how you do it? thanks much appreciated x

have you tried silica gel ?
the crystals help keep the true colour of the flowers and leaves.

My friend from work is wearing them on her nails and they look lovely. Really effective.

I love the flower, it really looks great!

how much are they selling for?

my friend lives in japan and sent me some. not swarovski or anything, just plain ol plastic with a metallic backing. still really nice though

anyway, 250 for $.75. shipping was $1.25. also got some metallic dots for the same price, but 500 of those. i like em for outlining french.

I remeber posting about dried flowers in acrylic ages ago so you could do a search I think ant buckley replied about the dried flowers!!! Ive since seen them when I went to olympia they had lots of diferent colours. I'm really sorry but I cant remember the make now :rolleyes: silly me. There are definately companies that sell them in the uk though!!

If you scroll back up this thread Debsi75 has said that NSI do them, £4.99 for 20.
This is the only company I know of that does them.
Anyone else?

Glorsclaws said:
If you scroll back up this thread Debsi75 has said that NSI do them, £4.99 for 20.
This is the only company I know of that does them.
Anyone else?

That's probably the one then lol!!!! I like the idea of using forget me not's from the garden though! :idea:

I've just chopped the heads of my flowers in the garden lol...tiny pink and white ones...no idea what they are called lol...took some really tiny leaves off too to try out in designs...can't wait to get going, they are pressed in a book as we speak! Can't wait to get to the garden centre to hunt down any other poor little specimens to try lol

Loved this idea and there was a picture in prof nails to copy. I rushed outside yesterday, picked some forget-me-nots, pressed them for two hours and then couldn't wait any longer! Most of them were a bit too big for my nails but I used one that had creased a little and was a bit smaller. Glued on to a nail that already had a gel overlay, a little bit of nail art, two coats of gel later and hey presto :D !!!

I think it looks great even though my specimen was a pretty rubbish one! Shall be checking out the NSI ones real soon I think!

Hi ya, i really love the sound of this idea if anyone can post some pics of what theyve done it would be really good to see them x

Hi

I have the NSI flower on my nails at the mo. Pink & White L&P with blue flower glued on them then a clear layer of L&P. Must admit I've had quite a few nice comments about them. Also did my sisters with a pink flower (which I took a digi pic of). I'll try and post a picture over the weekend.

So, these flowers ... do you have to wait for them to dry out or do you just press them between heavy objects?.
I would love to have a go but dont really know where to start.

Hello. I cut forget me not flowers and put them (up side down :) ) into the book. ( I've tried iron once - what an idea I had :rolleyes: - better not to try ...) Too heavy objects might damage it I guess - they are very delicate. Book is the best as it can absorb some "water" from the flowers. After one day ( they are really flat than) I open the book to let them dry completely, after that I gently move them - almost all are good for usage. Greetings:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back